6 days after Labiaplasty, still bleeding and pain. Any suggestions? (photos)

6days ago i had labiaplasty. I still lay down all day because then i have the least pain. But today i saw Some White juice On the outside and was bleeding again when i stand up. My vagina is verry closed so you dont see the inner lips. Im still to scared to open On the inside.. It looks really strange ?

Post-Op Healing for Labiaplasty

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks. It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months. Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery. The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well. Any of these could help the basic swelling and discomfort, but if you are having bleeding it would probably be a good idea to go to your surgeon in person to have the healing process evaluated. Best of luck to you, and I hope everything turns out well.

Pain, swelling, bleeding, and discharge - All reasons to see your surgeon

Thanks for your post and photos which show unusually swollen and bruised labia. It's not normal to be having the amount of pain you describe nor the discharge. You need to see your surgeon soon.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Blleding after labiaplasty

Thank you for your question. There appears to be swelling and bruising as per the picture and it is significant sometimes. If you continue to bleed please see your physician for evaluation

Labia

You are still early in your recovery so should expect notable swelling. You may have had some excessive bleeding into the tissues (see the bruising/swelling of the labia majora?). While this will prolong your cosmetic recovery, it is not likely to alter your final result. Your surgeon can advise you best.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

6 days after labiaplasty still swollen and painful

Thank you for sharing your questions and photographs and congratulations on your surgery.  You have extensive bruising and swelling that is masking your results and although some pain and bleeding is common after the procedure I would advise seeing your surgeon for an in-person examination to ensure that you are healing well as your pictures do not show any distinct areas of concern.  Hope this helps

Bruised and swollen

You should make an appointment with your surgeon so he/she can evaluate your situation.  I don't think  there is anything life threatening going on but it would be who of you to be evaluated by your surgeon.  You  appear to have  bleeding under the skin causing the bruises but this is usually not a big deal and rarely should a surgeon even address it as the bleeding will stop and the bruising will go away.  It certainly appear as those your surgeon was aggressive with the labia reduction but the photo does not give the best view of the labia surgery results
John R Miklos MDUrogynecology & Cosmetic Vaginal SurgeonAtlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

You're very bruised and swollen after your labiaplasty. Go see your surgeon

Your photo shows more bruising and swelling than I would expect to see with any labiaplasty. The inside is not completely visible, so you'll need to see your surgeon to have it examined. The presence of bleeding suggests that there might be blood trapped under the stitches.

Post op bleeding and pain

Hello. Thank you for your question and photos. While it is quite normal to have light bleeding for 7-10 days after surgery and your degree of swelling is normal, the white substance and inability to see the wounds are concerning and warrant a visit to your surgeon. 

Best wishes~Dr Poucher

Bleeding 6 days post labiaplasty

Thank you for sharing with us.  Based on the pic, it does appear you have some significant bruising and swelling.  However, that may be okay at this point BUT this needs to be evaluated by your surgeon.

Please make sure to stay in close communication and follow up with your surgeon 
Best of luck

Pain

You definitely look swollen and have some bruising but normally, at 6 days, the pain should be a lot better. Sometimes this depends on the technique used and that is why I prefer my technique (TrueLabiaplasty) that I believe has less pain. However, all the labiaplasties do heal over time. You should check with your doctor to make sure you don't have an infection. Good luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN