If you could tell me about how much that is going to be the total of having it removed if it needs it. Thanks
Do I Need to Have This Mole Removed? (photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 2
The mole is very difficult to assess with this photo. I would highly recommend that you see a board certified dermatologist for an evaluation.
Mole removal - use the ABCDEs
From this photo there is NO way to tell you if this should be removed, or even if it is a "mole". In general, use the ABCDEs to determine if something should be at minimum evaluated by a trained professional.
1. Asymmetry - One half doesn’t match the appearance of the other half.
2. Borders - The edges are irregular, raised, or blurred.
3. Color - The color or pigmentation is not uniform and/or has shades of tan, brown, or black; or it is sometimes white, red, or blue.
4. Diameter - The size of the mole is greater than 1/4 inch (6 mm), about the size of a pencil eraser.
5. Evolving - The mole or site is changing over time.
If any of these are happening, then you should have it checked by a dermatologist and possibly removed with a biopsy and examined by a lab. The cost for a mole removal is usually $200-$400 depending on how it's removed - shave, excision, etc.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.