Skin Necrosis and Rhinoplasty

How common is skin necrosis from rhinoplasty,in most cases I have read it occured usually during within a month post surgery. I am now more then 3 months post surgery, does that mean I am pretty safe from necrosis? Also I smoke.

Skin Necrosis from Rhinoplasty

Yes, necrosis or loss of skin from rhinoplasty typically occurs in the first week or so post op.

Skin Necrosis from Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Skin Necrosis and Rhinoplasty

Skin necrosis is extremely unlikely 3 months after surgery, but don't ask me to condone your smoking.

Skin Necrosis and Rhinoplasty

Smoking and Nose Tip Death after Rhinoplasty

The blood supply to the nose tip comes from several sources. IF all the sources are compromised surgically, by pressure (such as a bulky implant) or chemically (smoking) the tip could be deprived of its blood supply and die. This usually happens in the first week after surgery when the combination of swelling, increased metabolic needs of the healing tissues and smoking collide. If you did not have it by now, it is safe to assume that it may not happen at this late date. Maybe it's time to stop smonking nonetheless... Dr. Peter Aldea

Necrosis after rhinoplasty

Hi,
Necrosis of the tip is a rare complication of rhinoplasty. It usually happens in the 1st to 2nd week. Smokers are definitely more prone to this complication. Also if you have any implants putting pressure on your tip, this can increase your chances of necrosis. At three months postop, I don't think you have to worry about this complication even if you smoke.
Dr.S.

Necrosis after rhinoplasty

Hi,
Dr.S.