Wanting the cohesive silicone implants and I am willing to travel; want to pay 3000 all included. Is this possible? (Photo)

I'm a 27 year old nursing student (healthy) been looking for a doctor to do my surgery in December. Want to pay 3000 cash is this possible I'm willing to travel

What if you have complications?

I certainly respect understanding that you have a budget. However, what if things don't go as planned? What if you have a complication that requires returning to the operating room? What if you get an infection that requires hospitalization? Most times, complications related to cosmetic surgery will not be covered by your health insurance.  Pricing surgery so that anybody can afford it certainly get you a lot of business, but it sets a dangerous precedent.  Choose a surgeon based on outcomes. Pick a surgeon that is close to you so that you can develop a relationship with them. Good luck. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

We do have many patients that travel for implants from all over the world. I place over 1000 implants a year. I think traveling for implants is safe you just want to make sure the doctor is a board certified plastic surgeon and working in a nice facility. We offer virtual consults and our pricing for everything is 3000$ for saline and 3800$ for silicone. Those cost cover everything. Some doctors have to charge much more if they have to use a hospital or they do not perform as many as the more you perform the less you pay for the same implants. 

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Cohesive silicone implants

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Wanting the cohesive silicone implants and I am willing to travel; want to pay 3000 all included.

Generally speaking, it is always in patient's best interest to achieve a certain degree of financial stability prior to undergoing elective surgery of any type. Patients should also keep in mind that additional surgery may be necessary in the short or long term, following the primary procedure that is being performed; this additional surgery may be associated out-of-pocket expenses.  Overall, best to achieve a physical, emotional, psychosocial, and financial “stable state” prior to considering elective plastic surgery.

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with your national Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making.  

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Finding the right surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question.  Cost varies based on geographic location and surgeon expertise.  It is very important that you thoroughly research your surgeon before committing to surgery. It is a good idea to research your surgeon's educational background, online reviews, before & after pictures, and speak with anyone who you may know who has had surgery with that surgeon. During your consultation, make sure that you don't feel rushed and make sure that you have adequate time with your surgeon and not just their patient coordinator or nurses. If the majority of your consultation is spent with someone other than the surgeon, this is usually not a good sign. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified expert surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast surgery

I think that realistically, breast augmentation for $3000 is not possible.  Some of the cohesive silicone gel breast implants may cost up to $3000 just for the breast implants.

Breast augmentation by a reputable plastic surgeon is closer to $6-8000.

I wish you the best,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS