Is it best to wait to transfer fat to breasts until after done with having babies?

Is this the standard?

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same. If you are planning pregnancy soon, then its best to wait until after.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for your question.  Yes, it would be best to wait after having babies before getting a breast fat transfer.  Also, it may be likely that you would need a breast lift as well.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Fat transfer

If you plan to become pregnant soon, yes, it is best to wait. If you don't plan to have children anytime soon, you might want tot proceed. Do remember that breasts can change--bigger or smaller-- with pregnancy. After pregnancy, you might also need a lift.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to breasts

Fat transfer is a great alternative to breast implants for breast augmentation or reshaping of the breast.  Your question regarding timing is rather common.  You natural breast can or may change after pregnancy but it is rather unpredictable.  In some situation there is only minor changes.  The fat that is transferred will not change much given it is not breast tissue.  Discuss the timing and the procedure with your surgeon to get a better idea of the changes you might expect.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon