Which is better, tretinoin gel or tretinoin cream? Which will give me the better results, not just momentarily but overall?

I'm looking to fight acne but I also read that it helps with fine lines and I'd like to know which one, the gel or cream will is best before I go visit my doctor. I did notice the difference strengths, gel comes in 0.01% and 0.025% then the cream comes in 0.05% and 0.1% I know the higher doses are stronger, 0.025% gel and the 0.1% cream but which one absorbs into the skin and actually shows the best results?

Creams vs Gels

Thank you for your question. You are correct that higher doses are stronger. In my opinion, one vehicle (creams or gels) is not necessarily superior to the other, but one is more drying and irritating than the other. Gels tend to be more drying and patients cannot tolerate the dryness and irritation. I have had patients who experienced great results with both gels and creams. Treatment options are based on the type of acne and skin type you have. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist regarding your acne and treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.