Is it safe to get lipo and a TT at the same time?

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. Yes, I frequently perform these two procedures together.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction and TT at the same time

In my practice it is common for me to perform liposuction and TT at the same time. However, I use an assistant to save total operative time with the goal less than 6 hours of surgery (often far less than that) to minimize potential complications and for a speedier recovery. Sometimes there are even less scarring as for straight augmentations, I place the implants using the TT incision without the need for breast scars. My patients following a TT with or without a BBL stay in a reclining chair the first week. A flat tempurpedic pillow beneath your back and upper thighs will offload pressure on your buttocks. The benefit is only one surgery, only one recovery (you heal from all procedures simultaneously) and that you can use the fat that would normally be discarded from the tummy tuck. Pros and cons of this decision should be part of your in depth consultation with your plastic surgeon including the increased risk of complications with long surgeries and how to prevent them. Your plastic surgeon will guide you into making the best decision in your individual case. The most important decision is picking the best plastic surgeon experienced in this technique. See link regarding finding the best surgeon for combined surgeries.

Lipo and TT

Yes, liposuction and a tummy tuck can safely be done at the same time in many patients. What specifically can be done depends upon the number of areas to be treated with liposuction, the size of the abdomen, and your general health. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Combining procedures

It is common to combine a tummy tuck with some liposuction. Unless there is a high volume of suctioning that is needed, it is common to have both procedures done in the same trip to the operating room.  Visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area will be helpful to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck

If you are in good health, these procedures can safely be done together, in fact it is very common. Liposuction is usually done in conjunction with a tummy tuck, but if you mean for other areas of the body, the answer is still yes. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Not ideal

Simply speaking, liposuction to the abdomen at the same time as a tummy tuck is not a great idea. The key complication that troubles patients following tummy tuck is failure of the wound to heal well. The blood supply to the abdomen following a tummy tuck comes from the smaller blood vessels that sit in the fat. Liposuction can damage these and therefore make the tummy tuck scar much less likely to heal. This can be a MAJOR problem.  Needless to say, liposuction to the areas not involved in the tummy tuck are fine but I would not recommend it to any area from the bikini line to the ribs or love handles.  Hope that helps. Adam Goodwin