Would I require a Lift and Augmentation or could I just have the Augmentation? (photos)

I'm an athletic 29 year old with 16% body fat. I weigh 115 pounds at 5'5''. I'm considering round, high profile, silicone implants; placed under the muscle. I want full, round breast. Thank you in advance!

No lift

OMG, don't do a lift, just an augmentation. I think from your photos that you'll do well. Hope this helps.

Leland Deane MD FACS

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Only

Based on your photos, I would recommend a breast augmentation without a lift because your breasts are already resting at a normal height on your chest. A full, round breast is definitely attainable. I recommend booking consultations with specialist plastic surgeons in your area to further discuss your case.

Would I require a Lift and Augmentation or could I just have the Augmentation?

Thank you for your questin and photos you are a good candidate for breast Augmentation with implants and lifting for best results.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Lift/Augmentation or Augmentation Only

Judging from your photos, you look to be a good candidate for implants alone. Much of this depends on the size you choose. However you do not have significant savings but really lacked volume.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. You have deflated breasts which has clearly lost volume. An implant is a device that restores volume. It requires a specific pocket either above or below the muscle to be placed. This would add volume, however, would also stretch and potentially thin the skin envelope that surrounds it. This would lead to likely implant irregularities that could be felt and possibly even seen.

An implant does not lift a breast. The concept called a swing effect does move the breast envelope forward and up, not unlike the hand on a clock going from 6 to 8, however, over time with the added weight and stretching of the skin, the breast unit may fall back to its original position. Although a mastopexy would help reduce the skin envelope and improve your breast contour, this would be a skin reduction procedure that would be in opposition to an implant which stretches the breast. Obviously the larger the implant the more likely you are at risk for irregularities. 

One final option would be to consider using fat grafts transferred from one part of the body to the breast in order to further enhance the contour and add padding to the breast. Please see the video below to further give you an idea of how this may work. I would certainly discuss this with your plastic surgeon. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Aug only?

You might be able to have an augmentation only. You might benefit from a circumareola lift only. Best to be evaluated in person.

No lift needed

Thank you for the question and photos. You appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation without a lift. Your choice of high profile implants is ideal to give you more projection and lift your breasts. 

Best of luck with your surgery!

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Would I require a Lift and Augmentation or could I just have the Augmentation

I think placing a high profile implant under the muscle will require a large size as your skin is stretched out. The issue is that the implant needs to be placed evenly behind your areola. As your areola is a little low, you will be  a little saggy without the lift. What I mean by that is your new breast mound will remain low on your rib cage

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Lift

The photo you have shown is referred to as first degree ptosis. In my practice I recommend just the augmentation and I prefer to put the implant under the Pectoralis muscle.

If you want a saline type implant there is a new implant available that has a similar feel and look of silicone implants.  The implant is called "Ideal Implant".  

David M. Creech, MD
Chandler Plastic Surgeon