Redness under breast 3 weeks after breast lift (Photo)

I got a breast lift 3 weeks ago. The redness under my breast started about 1 1/2 weeks ago and today is very itchy. There is no oozing or odor. I saw my PS yesterday he said they were not infected just inflammed from the surgery. Does this look normal or something I should be concerned about? Thank you.

Post-Op Breast Lift Healing

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Over time, gravity will continue to have an effect and the breast skin will tend to stretch. The degree of #stretching and #sagging varies between women: generally, women with smaller breasts experience less recurring sagging. If sagging does occur, further excision of the skin on an outpatient basis can be used to correct the problem. Heavy and large breasts may lead to recurrent sagging and may require the removal of a small amount of breast tissue to achieve an optimal shape and size. One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

If you find that this continues a little longer it would be good to visit your surgeon again, or see someone else in person who my be able to offer you another examination of how well the healing process is going.

Rash under breast....

Rash after surgery  can be caused by  many different things.  The most common causes include the steri-strips or even the glue that holds the tape in place.  Consult your surgeon was the best you could do, it seems to be a strong irritation.

Try with cold compresses to soothe the itching and burning and keep dry the irritated area.

Have a great day!

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon