New here. Looking for a BA? (Photos)

I have 2 consults in the next 2 weeks! I am excited. Nervous. Anxious. I am very into weight lifting and running so I am mostly scared of the recovery time. Can't wait to get this started! Aiming for a full C cup after. Anyone with a small frame? What size CC's did you go with? Do you like them? Wish you went bigger?

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your questions. Patients who are active with small frames often have excellent results with breast augmentations. I recommend trying on sizers and undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post-procedural results and to "try on" different implants. There are also several different types of incisions you can consider. Make sure you discuss all of this with your board certified plastic surgeon. Breast of luck! 

Breast augmentation

Try on some implants. Measure your diameter and try to get an implant that matches that diameter. Push your breasts together to see where your cleavage is. I always recommend implants under the muscle. You are thin enough so that I would recommend silicone implants to minimize rippling.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Options

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be starting from a great place so should expect optimal results. I recommend that you share your desired look with your Plastic Surgeon. They will use this information and your specific breast measurements to determine the sizes which fit you the best. My patients find it helpful to try on implant sizers in the office in order to get an idea of how they will look.

Be sure to select a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best 

Looking ahead to breast augmentation consultation

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.'

• This is a wonderful operation with a low risk of complications and most women thrilled with their results.
  • Choosing an implant requires a personal consultation -
  • Hope the attached video helps you prepare for your consultations.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

What CC's should you go with?

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

From your photograph and cosmetic goals, I believe you would benefit from a breast augmentation but I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements so they can recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation for athletic women

Thanks for your question! Your upcoming consults will be your opportunity to help alleviate your concerns about size and ability to exercise. Sizing is usually one of the biggest concerns for most women. I use a combination of techniques during your consult to chose this with you. This starts with taking your measurements and determining your base diameter.  Then you can try on external sizers and I also use Vectra a 3D photo of you that allows you to see your body with potential implants you like. 

Jennifer Geoghegan, MD

Breast augmentation and runner athlete

Hello and thank you for the question and photos. When sizing a patient for implants the most important determining factor is matching the implant to the frame / breast width. Most athletes chose more modest sizes (300-350 range ) as a larger breast can sometimes interfere with sports and may not match your goal pics. 

I would suggest a TEXTURED silicone implant under the muscle. For most patients, silicone offers superior feel, less rippling and weight. For runners, a textured implant is less likely to move, migrate or bottom out. 

You should prepare for about 2 weeks off of work to recover, and about a 1-2 months out of the gym. The longer you wait to run, the better your chances of having a good outcome. 

As always best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are being managed by your primary care physician.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

This is an exciting time for you. During your consultation, you need to discuss with your surgeon size/volume desire in addition to the look you are going for. This will help him/her assist you with picking an ideal implant for you and your body. You will have to avoid the gym for a period of time, but this is a small price to pay in the end. Good luck

Consultation Details

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation. 

Once you have scheduled your surgery date, your consultant will schedule your pre-operative visit lasting about  one hour.  Here is a list of what takes place at this visit:

·        Take your before photos

·       Ask to see printed breast photos showing what you would like your breasts to look like

·       Go over your health history again

·       Take your blood pressure

·       Give you prescriptions for medications to be filled before surgery (antibiotic, muscle relaxer, pain medication, etc.)

·        Inform you of any medical testing needed - this is based on age and health history (testing can include: blood tests, EKG, mammogram)

·       Finalize implant type, size, and profile and confirm incision site and implant placement

·       Complete all consents and other required paperwork, pay your final balance

·       If a post-operative sports bra is not provided, recommend purchasing a couple of basic sports bras to use during recovery.