Does "natural look" mean they will be a little droopy?

I've had a consult and scheduled the surgery for a lift/implants. I said I wanted them to be natural, but looking at pics I see some that IMO still look kinda droopy or flat at the top of the breast. Is this what I've asked for? Or is this just a result of her anatomy?

Achieving a Natural Look with Augmentation Mastopexy

The appearance is contingent on the implant type (#saline or #silicone), #size of the implant, texture vs smooth implant, the profile (moderate, moderate plus, or high), the placement within the breast and type of incision to insert the implant. Also, most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants and without a #BreastLift. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. Hence, the lift combined with augmentation has a beneficial effect on the the appearance.

Your doctor will work with you to choose the best implant #shape and #implantprofile based on your goals and measurements.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift, natural look you can have it with tear drop breast implants, review the possibilities with your board certified plastic surgeon, hugs!!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

"Natural look" after breast surgery?

Thank you for the question. Ultimately, you will do well spending additional time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, questions, and concerns. In other words, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery. Breast lifting involves some removal of breast skin envelope; there may be limits as to how large of a breast implant can be utilized safely.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

"Natural Look to breast augmentation"

Thanks for the question.  "Natural Look" can mean very different things to different people; your "natural" may be another patient's "droopy". I find that those kind of descriptions are very inaccurate when trying to express your goals to your surgeon.  Using specific goal photos and discussing exactly what look you want with your surgeon will be the best way to relay your goals.  Your surgeon should be able to give you a realistic idea of what result to expect.  Best Regards

Thank you for your question.  "Natural look" is subjective and can be different things for different people.  Although when it comes to breasts, it usually implies not too droopy but just a little bit of sag with a nice contour and certainly not round popping breasts with 700cc implants.  Be sure to clearly communicate your goals and expectations to your surgeon.  Sometimes showing pics of other women's breasts that you like to your surgeon can be helpful.  Be sure that you consult with an experienced plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS