Is this infected or just some type of liquid bandage rolling off? (Photo)

I am 8 days post op bleph and co2 around eyes with dissolving stitches but was never told a liquid type bandage would be used. eyelids are very red and have a goopy, yellow film that is peeling up in some areas and resembles skin/liquid bandage. Am I supposed to try to clean this off or just keep applying antibiotic ointment over it? I didn't get any instructions about how to clean the stitches. But they look gross. called twice and left messages but have not received a call back from my dr.

S/P blepharoplasty and CO2 skin resurfacing

Keep trying to get in touch with your surgeon. In the meantime, compresses with warm water with 2 teaspoons of white vinegar will be soothing. Keep your eyelid skin moist with Vaseline, Aquaphor, or over-the-counter ocular lubricant ointment (petroleum plus mineral oil). You could alternate with your antibiotic ointment. Do not try to rub or clean the lids, but put the ointment on the skin gently with a clean finger or Q-tip. If you develop intense itching, you may have an allergy to the ointment - in which case you should stop the ointment. If your doctor does not respond, you have the option of visiting an urgent care or emergency facility - but they may or may not have a specialist on site to give you accurate advise. Best wishes in your recovery.

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

This eyelids could be infected.

Generally there will be pain associated with the exudate when there is an infection.  Rather that letting the process go, you need treatment as if this is an infection.  That included a skin culture, topical and oral antibiotics.  Call your surgeon immediately and state that this is your concern. If they are unwilling to help, be seen in an emergency room.  Do not ignore this concern.

Post upper blepharoplasty healing

Please keep trying to contact your doctor as it is not clear what exact procedure you had done along with a blepharoplasty. If you had a CO2 LASER performed then you may be peeling; however, you should have been provided with detailed skin care.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op upper lid bleph

From the looks of this I am assuming they did resurfacing of the upper eyelids in addition to removing skin.  I have never used a liquid bandage so not sure how it should look - but this doesn't look right.  Still very red with significant inflammation.  I wonder if you are sensitive to the bandage material.  I would try to clean this off: put a warm compress on for a few minutes.  Then clean gently with a Q-tip and warm water. Then put some plain vaseline on it.  Call you doctor again too so you can send them these photos.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon