I would like a Mommy Makeover. Am I a good candidate for a mini tuck? Do I need implants or also a breast lift? (photos)

I would like a Mommy Makeover. Am I a good candidate for a mini tuck?

Greetings

Thank you for your questions, Evaluation on your photos you will need full tummy tuck procedure and breastlift plus Implants.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

There is almost never a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck.

Most patients seeking mommy makeover surgery benefit from a full abdominoplasty. A lesser procedure is almost never indicated.

I would like a Mommy Makeover. Am I a good candidate for a mini tuck? Do I need implants or also a breast lift?

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on your photographs, you will do best with full time tummy tuck operation. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results.

In regards to your breast surgery, breast lifting as well as breast implants (if you want larger size) will be indicated.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. You may find the attached link and video, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Do I need implants or also a breast lift?

From your photos it appears that you would benefit from a full Tummy Tuck and breast lift/mastopexy with implants placed sub-muscular- if you are looking to increase the volume of your breasts. A breast lift will make your breasts perky, and implants would add extra upper pole fullness.

Tummy Tuck

Full Tummy Tuck, even with a small vertical incision. Will get better results on the long run.
Breast will need a shaped well chosen implant and circumvertical lift.
The most important part you can do is choosing the right Board certified plastic Surgeon with experience and ultimate skill.

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. Looking at your photos, I would recommend a full tummy tuck with a breast lift and augmentation. I recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to consult with.

Dennis Hurwitz, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and mommy makeover

I would think your best result would be with a full abdominoplasty.  A lift will reposition your breasts, and implants would be needed if you would like more volume or upper pole fullness. You are a good candidate.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

Mini or regular TT?

Based on the amount of loose skin you have when bending forward, I would recommend a regular TT, not a mini.  The combination of a breast implant and short-scar lift could also work for you.