I would like to exchange my 380cc HP gummies bear implants for 580cc, will thst make a big difference?

Hello I have had two BAs, Submuscular and I am still wanting to go larger... I had my second BA because of CC but I only went up 80ccs which didn't make a big difference. I am currently a 34D but I would like to be a 36DD. Is 580ccs worth it ? I am 102lbs.

Best breast implants for revisionary breast surgery?

Thank you for the question and pictures.   Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be of much specific help you when it comes to selection of  the best breast implants for revisionary breast surgery. Ultimately,  careful selection of your plastic surgeon and careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “DD cup” or "up a cup size” or "big difference" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Gummy bear implant revision question

Hi Coylee,

I'm sorry to hear you are considering a second revision already.  If you have healed well from your first revision without recurrence of your capsular contracture, you have done well.  I would consider that before pursuing another breast implant surgery.  The 580cc implant would likely be excessive given the amount of soft tissue you are likely to have at 102 lbs.  Bigger implants tend to cause bigger problems over time, and some plastic surgeons don't like to recommend implants over 500cc for this reason.  Really the implant size and shape need to fit with the tissues in the area.  Any excessive forces to stretch the tissues don't hold up over time and patients can have an implant that bottoms out, thins the tissues and causes rippling to be visible, etc.  Hope this helps!
--
Erik Hoy, MD
Rhode Island Plastic Surgeon

Erik Hoy, MD
Warwick Plastic Surgeon

#Breastimplants

580cc for someone that is 102lbs is excessive.  Consult with a plastic surgeon regarding your goals but my practice is filled with patients like you that went to big and now they need to downsize because of the damage excessively large implants cause to the breast.

Feel free to call or email us if you have any further questions.

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Barrett Plastic Surgery
9735 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 216
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician