Which chemical peel is best to remove acne scars on the back?

Hello , I am in the process to remove acne scars off my back. I have been doing this for 8 months and have seen great results . I started off doing 25% TCA peel then starting 2 months ago started using Glycolic lactic acid peel. I am wondering which acid peel is best to use to get rid of my scars on my back. I would like for my back to be clear by 2016 summer:)

Microneedling

There is a limit because of the thick skin on the back what can be accomplished with chemical peels. An alternative that is safe is micorneedling for depressed scars. There is no downtime and this can be repeated to get incremental improvement.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical Peels and Back and Acne Scars

Chemical peels or the back and dance scars are difficult to treat and can take several months to cure.  It can take a combination of peels with TCA and lasers such as Ematrix to treat these scars.  The dark spots can be treated with hydroquinones as well.  If the scars are red, then the V-Beam is highly successful.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is a specialist with scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne scars - Chemical peel

Acne scarring is one of the most difficult conditions to treat.  The skin on the back is especially difficult due to its thickness and low ability to heal compared to the face an neck.  Treatment of acne scars depends on the type of scar.  Pigmented scars responds well to chemical peels, topicals, and IPL treatments.  Red or vascular scars tend to fade with time and are best treated with IPL or vascular lasers, such as a VBeam laser.  Thick or hypertrophic scars respond best to a combination of injectable steroids, non-ablative laser, and CO2 laser depending on the thickness and location.  Indented scars respond best to non-ablative or co2 laser treatments. Chemical peels can work on atrophic or indented as long as deeper peels are used (like TCA) and multiple sessions are performed.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon