Are Cellfina results provider/operator-dependent?

Is Cellfina provider/operator-dependent? As in, is it important to find a provider who has done numerous Cellfina procedures, or is it pretty standardized, with any provider (MD, PA, RN) getting the same results? This procedure is so new that many offices are only just getting it now. I'm trying to decide if I should travel to someone more experienced or if a local provider that just got the machine would give the same results. Thank you!

About Treating Cellulite with Cellfina

Cellulite affects up to 85% of adult women and can be extremely difficult to #correct. Many treatments are ineffective or take multiple sessions to complete with very temporary results. If you are deemed a candidate, you may benefit from #Cellfina. Cellfina is the newest, most effective FDA approved technology available for treating cellulite. This one-time, minimally invasive procedure takes only 45 minutes to perform, but the results last for a minimum of two years. #Cellfina has the longest lasting results of any current #cellulite treatment. Its approval rate is over 93% here on RealSelf.

Used on #moderate to #severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance.
There is no cutting and no incisions. To perform this controlled, precise, and safe procedure, a vacuum hand piece is placed over the dimpled tissue through which the surgeon will deliver a local anesthetic. Then a small, needle-like #microblade is inserted to release the fibrous bands, the cause of cellulite. Seek more information to learn if you are candidate for #Cellfina by consulting with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  

About Treating Cellulite with Cellfina

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Who should do your Cellfina treatment?

Cellfina is a minimally invasive procedure and certainly requires the expertise of a physician comfortable with surgical procedures. I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss the procedure and have an in depth consultation to see if you are a candidate.

Best Regards,

Dr. Ross Stutman

Ross Stutman, MD

Who should do your Cellfina treatment?

Best Regards,

Dr. Ross Stutman

Ross Stutman, MD

Results of Cellfina

As with anything cosmetic, results vary practitioner to practitioner. Cellfina sends trainers out to each office that purchases the machine, and they are all trained on the same protocols, so the results should be very similar at least. Best of luck, and be well.#results #cellfina #experience

Results of Cellfina

Of course it is. All procedures are operator dependent. Some pics use PA's or Nurse Practitioners to do these procedures with outstanding results. Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!
There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite, Vaser Smooth, Thermi RF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Cellulaze, Subcision, Dimpling

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

Cellfina

Thank you for your question.  Cellfina most definitely has some operator dependence, and that is why Merz is making all physicians who purchase a unit sign that for the first year they will perform the procedure and not delegate it out.  Since it is such a new device, there will be variances in the amount of procedures performed by each physician.  Board Certified Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons are eminently qualified to perform the Cellfina procedure.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina provider

The actual performance of the procedure to get rid of cellulite using the Cellfina device is pretty well standardized. There is some judgement required on the part of the physician in terms of which areas to treat and not treat. There is also some artistic variation as to how to treat multiple dimples close to one another. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in Cellfina as well as liposuction techniques and fat grafting.

Cellfina provider

Quality over Quantity

For the practitioner, as well as for the patient, Cellfina is a fairly straightforward procedure. I do however believe that it is operator dependent to some degree. More important than finding a practitioner who has done numerous Cellfina procedures, is finding a practitioner with the best qualifications. That would be a board certified plastic surgeon with experience performing cosmetic surgery of the buttocks and thighs, including liposuction, body lifts, thigh lifts and gluteal augmentations (BBLs).
Any plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, who owns the Cellfina system, will be adequately trained and experienced to deliver excellent results.
Because Cellfina is a new device, there will not be great variation in number of procedures performed between plastic surgeons. I do not believe that it is necessary to travel great distances just to find a surgeon who has done a few more procedures than someone closer to you. Again, what is most important is finding a practitioner with the best overall training and experience and the highest qualifications.

Quality over Quantity

Cellfina

Thanks for your question. I have been using the device for nearly a year and feel that I am still getting better with the machine. That being said, cellfina is easy to use and great results were obtained on my very first patient. In my practice, cellfina is too invasive to allow a RN or PA to perform the procedure. Best of luck!

Cellfina

Cellfina results ABSOLUTELY tied to physician technique

Cellfina is extremely comfortable when numbing is administered properly and extremely effective in the hands of a thoughtful, experienced, and anatomically focused physician.  Choose wisely!

Melanie D. Palm, MD - Account Suspended
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Melanie D. Palm, MD - Account Suspended
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon