Help! One breast is misformed! What can be done? (photo)

I'm 5 weeks post breast reduction, and most of the swelling has gone down. I am very concerned the shape of one of my breasts is messed up. My surgeon says it will "settle into position", however I'm thinking I'm going to need it to be corrected. Why, if anything can be done to correct my breast now??

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 1 month after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Breast reduction

Thanks for your question. Overall you look fine. I know it is hard to be patient when you want to look and feel better but it will settle. Most of what you don't like will be better in 3-6 months. If not a simple revision can correct it. Good luck
John S Mancoll,MD

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

At present, there is really nothing to do. You have to allow it to heal and settle. Give it 6 months or longer. Good luck.

Time and patience will be your friends; nothing to do to "correct" now.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast reduction surgery. Although easier said than done, I would suggest ongoing patience;  there's really not much to be done at this point but allow for ongoing healing.  Although I cannot predict whether or not you will be happier with the outcome of your procedure several months from now, I can predict that the breasts will change significantly. Don't be surprised if some of these changes include "rounding out" will be lower breast poles.

In the longer term (I would give yourself six months to one year), if you are displeased with the outcome of surgery, revisionary surgery will be necessary to achieve an outcome that you will be happier with.
 Best wishes

Help! One breast is misformed! What can be done?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  It appears that you had a vertical breast reduction performed and this technique does lead to an initial flattened appearance to the bottom of each breast.  As these scars loosen and mature this allows your remaining breast tissue to settle and stretch the lower pole of each, creating a more natural shape.  I know waiting is difficult but allow your results time to mature, but voice your concerns to your surgeon.