Would a balding spot on the center of my hairline be fixed with a hair transplant? (photo)

I'm female, 40 y/o. My hair has always, since childhood, been thin at the hairline in the center of my head. My father's side of the family has a history of thinning hair. Now at my age that spot seems to be thinning a bit more. The rest of my hair is healthy and abundant, but I cannot pull all my hair back or part it in the middle because that spot is "see-through". Am I a candidate for a hair transplant?

Tinning in a 40 year old famle

The thinning can easily be treated with Scalp Micropigmentation which is an excellent treatment for women with thinning, not transplantation

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Bald spot

Yes this can be fixed by hair transplant and the result is usually very successful. It is best to get a consult with a hair transplant doctor and visit for a evaluation. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Yes it can be done.  If your examination shows no other areas hair loss a small focused hair transplant surgery may work out.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Yes, but you can also do some things

You could benefit from a selected hair transplantation procedure with the FUE technique so that you don't have any scars or pain later. It would cover the area, but since you do have a family history of thinning hair probably it would be a good idea to take some medication like minoxidil treatment in the form of lotion to preserve your existing hair.

Anastasios Vekris, MD
Greece Plastic Surgeon

Thin spot in hair

A hair transplant might work for you. See an experienced hair surgeon. It has to be done with great skill to avoid damging adjacent hairs. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon