Natural but Full C Look. 371cc or 397cc? (photo)

i'm 27 yrs old 5'4 117 lbs.w/ 4 yr old child,breastfed.went on my consultation.tried only 360 overwhelmed.when i got home,i thought of going a bit bigger.i will have silicone gel,undermuscle,periareolar(dont hav much crease as well says PS),smooth round 371cc he says if i want the 360 look.I want Natural look but nice on my frame.dont want to look Porno but just im stressing if i want 371 or 397.i dont want too tight on my skin and will look fake as well,so scared of 397

Natural Full C Look

Thank you for posting your photo as it helps to provide you with additional details

It seems that you have asymmetry and different areola to inframmary crease distances when both breasts are compared.

With the silicone, submuscular implant, you would maximize your chances of achieving natural looks especially when the surgeon performing your breast augmentation has extensive experience in that field.

As for the size, it seems that you could benefit from the 400cc implants category since a margin of 25-50cc will be used to address the anatomical asymmetry of your breasts.

I encourage you to seek a consultation with more than one surgeon as far as they are board certified with ample experience in breast augmentations.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

What size breast implant? (photo)

Not much difference between 371 and 397, don't be scared.  If you've narrowed it down to these mid-range profile choices, your chance of dissatisfaction due to asymmetry, implant malposition, capsular contracture, numbness of nipple(s), visible rippling, pain around implant, animation, scarring, or other adverse consequence is greater than chance of dissatisfaction with size.

Steve Laverson, MD

Thank you for posting a picture to kind of help guide you to making the right choice. In our practice we say that 200-225 cc equal about 1 cup size. If your an A cup know and you want to go up to a full C cup we reccommed going in the 400 cc. You  need to see your PS and really talk to him on what your looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)

Natural but Full C Look. 371cc or 397cc?

You do appear to have a constricted breast on one side with a shorter distance from the areola down to the inframammary crease on that side, and the crease is higher than with the other breast.  That high crease will need to be lowered, possibly the other one as well but not as much.  (Also be aware that your large areolas, with some asymmetry of size, will not get smaller after your breasts are "filled out" by implants.) The difference between 371cc and 397cc is barely noticeable.  What is most important is that you communicate to your surgeon what resulting shape you desire, and your surgeon needs to communicate to you whether that is achievable.  Your loose skin may make either of those implants fit in well and give you a natural result, but that is not always easy to tell prior to surgery.  Although not all surgeons place sterile sizers in the pocket at the time of surgery, I find this to be helpful. In addition to having patients try on sizers prior to surgery, I discuss with the patient how much upper pole fullness (or bulging) they are looking for, and ask them to bring in photos of breasts they like.  Even though we cannot match a photo, it communicates to me how natural or unnatural a result they are looking for.  And the patient gives me permission to go down in size if the chosen implant size is too tight or too bulging superiorly.

Choosing the proper breast implant

From your photos, it appears that you have some degree of asymmetry and also a very short distance from your nipple to the breast crease. This is more of an issue relating to an attractive outcome than the subtle difference between the 371 and 397 cc implants. Since your photo is tilted it is also difficult to appreciate the specifics of your asymmetry, but you do need to improve the cleavage area and the larger implant is also wider helping to recreate a more attractive outcome. Thus, there is a lot more about your situation that needs to be considered than just the volume itself and you should discuss this in detail with your doctor.  You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation. Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Full C look

Hi, the 26cc difference between these 2 implants will be barely noticeable if at all. Please try to review several pictures of other patients who had similar size implants before and after and try to communicate to your surgeon your definition of natural vs porno look. everyone has a different definition of what looks natural and only your surgeon can help you achieve that once you relay your own definition and goal to him or her.

Breast implant size

It sounds like you have had a good consultation and  with your doctor have picked reasonable sized implants for your frame based on your photo. One ounce of fluid is 30cc so the differnce between these two implant choices is very small. I agree with the other doctor that most of the time it is better to pick a little bigger then smaller implant as long as it firs your frame. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Choosing your Breast Implant Size

For patients planning on breast augmentation is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Working with YOUR body and breast implants

All a surgeon can do is to work with your body and where you are starting and to try to hear what you want, decide if that is possible, and if so, how to get there.  Your photos show virtually no breast tissue so ANY implant is going to look mostly like the implant since there is none of you to project out in front.  Whether that looks "natural" is up to you but there is nothing you can do about it other than recognize that this is just you.  Also, there is no difference between a 371 and a 397 implant to any substantial degree.  The real key to how natural you will look is not from the volume of the implant but from the PROFILE.  High profiles will look the least natural but might be needed to get the size you want.