Nasolabial Fold or Cheek Deflation?

What is the easiest way to smooth out the nasolabial line by the nose - inject a filler into the fold to smooth it out or plump up lost volume in the cheekbones? I'm in my late twenties and as I've gotten older, I've lost a lot of my baby fat in my face.

Doctor Answers 5

Filler for cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A small amount of filler into your cheeks and then your nasolabial folds will give you a youthful, natural-looking result.  Choose Juvederm or Restylane.

Toronto Dermatologist

Nasolabial Fold Elevation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Based on the photograph I see, loss of cheek volume does not appear to be an issue. I would address the Nasolabial folds with Radiesse or Juvederm.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 103 reviews

Easiest way to smooth out nasolabial folds is with filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The easiest and most conservative way to smooth out nasolabial folds is with injectable fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm. The lost volume in the cheeks is augmented with small cheek implants placed in the gingival sulcus. It is not used to flatten out the nasolabial folds.

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 157 reviews

Treating the nasolabial folds

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

In my opinion, the best treatment for diminishing your nasolabial folds would be direct injection with a filler like Juvederm. it is true, however, that elevating the cheek area will also improve the fold in most patients. A side benefit of this is a more defined cheekbone which some people like for their facial appearance. Consulting with a plastic surgeon could help you determine what would work best with your specific facial anatomy.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Nasolabial Groove

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If the depth of your nasolabial groove bothers you, it can be augmented with fillers such as Radiesse or your own fat. If your not happy with your cheek contour, you can augment the cheeks with implants, fillers, or fat. At your age you are asking about two different problems. In an older patient with sagging of the cheek , a cheeklift can improve both conditions. 

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.