I'm wanting to know the difference between ultra shape and exiles elite..

I need a little fat reduction and tightening (I'm 5' 5''.. and 110) in my butt and under my legs right below my cheeks.. If I lost five pounds it would be perfect but it's impossible to maintain.. Trying to find the best option. Thank you!

Ultrashape vs Exiles Elite

Thank you for your question.The Exiles Elite and Ultrashape technologies are actually used for different things.The Exiles Elite uses radiofrequency to help tighten skin with results that tend to be short term.Ultrashape uses ultrasonic beams to help disrupt fat cells to help contour the body with more long term results.I hope this clears things up a bit.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape vs. Exiles Elite

Thanks for your question.Exiles is a radiofrequency treatment that is designed for possible skin tightening.The results are fairly soft with Exiles and not long lasting.On the other hand, Ultrashape is a fat reducing technology that reduces fat cells for the long term.So, they are totally different devices designed to do different things.I hope this is helpful.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

How Does UltraShape Differ From the Rest in Non-Surgical Fat Reduction

UltraShape is unique as compared to other non-surgical fat reduction systems because unlike the others which are freezing or heating the fat, UltraShape uses non-thermal pulsed, focused ultrasound to selectively destroy fat.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape for focal areas of fat

Thanks for your question.  If the areas you are treating are very localized, liposuction might be a better alternative for you.  In our practice I find that Ultrashape works best for reducing and contouring stubborn areas of fat, but it doesn't necessarily create a "sculpted" look in every patient.  We use it as a tool for patient who exercise moderately and eat a healthy diet but still have pockets of stubborn and pinchable fat around the abdomen, flanks, and thighs.  As much as I love our Ultrashape for fat reduction, it doesn't tighten skin.  Without photos or a consultation it is hard to give you the best answer, but I suspect you might be a better candidate for liposuction. Best of luck to you!

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Non Invasive Fat Reduction Versus Sugery

I find that hi definition contouring works best for shaping small areas, however, there are many options for non invasive treatments such as ultrashape, sculpsure, liposonix, coolsculpting and we combine in our practice radiofrequency treatments to enhance the results.  Best, Dr. Emer.