Should I wait to remove breast implants and have fat graft to breast until after I have kids in 3-5 years?

I want to get my 12 year old breast implants removed and then get fat grafting to the breast. Yet, I am planning on having kids in the next 3 years. Should I wait until after I have kids to do the procedure? I am naturally thin and have very little breast tissue as it is, and my implants are 275 cc saline. Since the procedure will cost $13,000 I don't want to ruin the effect by having kids and will wait if needed. Thanks so much for your advice.

Best to wait

Revision surgery is best done after completion of life events such as pregnancy. To fat graft or not is a seperate topic, but if your that thin, it may be difficult to obtain the 600+cc of fat necessary to inject your breasts into any sort of similar size as They are now. Best of luck. 

Timing of breast surgery and planning on pregnancies

I would recommend that you complete your childbearing before doing any revisional surgery. Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting after having saline filled implants

If you want to consider fat grafting and you currently have breast implants in place and you do not have much in the way of natural breast tissue then you would need to consider having the implants removed for 3 - 6 months first then plan the fat transfer to the breasts.   If you are very thin then you may not have enough fat to even consider fat grafting.  I would definitely wait until you are finished having your family.  

Fat post child birth

I would wait.Fat grafting to the breast is a great procedure and I recommend to many of my patients to have a more natural look.Also you may want to put on a few pounds before so you have some extra fat to graft.Good luck.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

If you can wait, definitely do so because your breasts will undergo changes during pregnancy and/or breastfeeding. However, if you experience a rupture of your saline implants, you may need to get your procedure sooner than anticipated. You may also want to gain some weight so it is easier to get enough fat to augment your breast appropriately. 

Breast implants

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend that you wait until you are done having children and breastfeeding to undergo a breast augmentation procedure.  Your breasts will undergo changes with pregnancy, and it would be better for you to wait before undergoing a surgical procedure.  Many women after pregnancy benefit from a breast lift with at least small implants.  Please discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL