Supplements to hasten recovery after Voluma XC and Restylane fillers?

I just received yesterday Voluma XC to the cheeks and Restylane to help with hollowing under my eyes by a board-certified PS via cannula. My under eye areas are hard and puffy today. I have purchased a supplement called Inflammenz that contains bromelian and other ingredients to speed healing in post-op settings. Is it safe to take this, or will I be compromising the healing process?

Best After Care Following Voluma, Restylane, and other Facial Plastic Surgery Treatments

HI nlo,

The supplement Inflammenz should be fine.  We often recommend Bromolene to decrease swelling after procedures.  Ocumend is also a great Arnica gel patch that we have our patients use to minimize their bruising after treatments.  Enjoy your fillers, Voluma is great!  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after injections

If you have concerns after injections as you describe, I would contact your surgeon right away.  Some firmness and puffiness are normal but I strongly recommend following up with the person who treated you and getting their advice.  Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Healing supplements after fillers

Many people use Arnica or Bromelian after surgeries or injectables to help with swelling and bruising. There is no medical science to support that these work and they certainly aren't approved by the FDA, but I have patients that swear they do and they won't do procedures without them. I've never found any issues or complications with using these supplements.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Healing after filler under the eyes

Thank you for asking about your Voluma and Restylane treatment.

• Please contact your plastic surgeon and let her/him know what has happened.
  • The supplements are probably fine - but let your surgeon advise you.
  • Injections around the eyes are quite tricky -
  • You may just be swollen but your surgeon needs to follow your progress until you have the result you want.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Lumps and Swelling After Fillers like Voluma and Restylane

The issue with most short term complications are the technique of the physician.  At this time I would take arnika, ice the area, and consider cannula injections in the future as this limits complications like you are describining (bruising, swelling, pain). Best, Dr. Emer.