Why is my stomach not flat after tummy tuck & left breast bigger after breast lift? (Photo)

I am 11 weeks post op. I had a tummy tuck with lipo on the flanks & breast lift with implant exchange. My stomach is not flat, as you can see from the pictures. I have pockets above the scar & feel like the scar is high. My left breast is bigger. Even the belly button doesn't look right to me. I am very worried!!! Just need advice & another opinion. Thanks

Mommy make-over - stomach not flat and breasts asymmetric

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Surgical recovery is a process that takes time.
  • Your tummy is still swollen from surgery -
  • Gravity pulls the swelling down - it will subside.
  • Your breasts appear to have the natural asymmetry present in every woman -
  • To be sure, sit down with your surgeon and compare your before and after photos.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You are very close to your surgical date and will see changes in your body over the next 3-6 months.  Find a nice mix of relaxation, light exercise, and fun with family and friends to get you through the next few months.  And keep in touch with your surgeon to make sure there aren't any issues they need to tend to.  

Wishing you the best,
Steven Camp MD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

I would not get overly excited about this, since it is very early in the healing process. I would ask your surgeon if he / she can ensure this is not a fluid pocket that could be easily aspirated. If it is fluid there are some good options to manage this. As always, follow your Board Certified Plastic Surgeons post-op instructions carefully and completely.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Swelling after tummy tucks Lat a minimum of 4 months

While it is so tempting to start freaking out, it is a waste of energy to do so. In a straight forward tummy tuck without liposuction swelling lasts a minimum of 4 months. With added procedures I would not recommend freaking out until you are at least 6 months. Everyone wants the swelling to disappear sooner but tissue healing works on its own time table. It takes at least 4 months with everyone. As to your specific case, get to four months and then touch base with your surgeon. Hold tight. Your early result looks great. 

Melinda Haws, MD

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (3 months post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Why is my stomach not flat after tummy tuck & left breast bigger after breast lift?

Your issues are concerning but you need to address these with your surgeon or seek second opinions in person>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided infromation as well...I have to say that your results are looking good so far, you have to check with your surgeon if you have a muscle repair on your abdominal cavity, you look very nice, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD