I'm sort of self conscious about my profile. I don't know what about it, but it just doesn't seem right to me. (photos)

I might need a rhinoplasty or a chin augmentation, or both, I just want advice from real doctors and what you guys think I should do or what I need. Don't be afraid to tell the truth!

Profile?

You have a condition called retrognathia which means the forward projection of your shin when viewed from the side is not in balance with the upper jaw. The first step you need to take starts with your dentist who will evaluate your teeth and how they fit together which is called occlusion. If your situation is mild and you do not need orthognathic surgery then usually a chin implant is much easier and can correct the situation in most cases. I do not recommend fillers to start with if you have budget limitations since it will wind up costing you a lot more in the long run and fillers are not permanent. Chin implants are made out of a plastic called "silastic" and once in place they feel quite natural and usually take care of the issue permanently. A board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon should be able to help. If you are referred to an oral surgeon by your dentist for orthognathic surgery that is fine but still get the opinion of a plastic surgeon before you make your final decision. The good news is that a chin implant is a fairly straightforward procedure with low risk and high patient satisfaction with a short recovery.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

The side profile photograph demonstrates  an overly projecting nose with the dorsal  hump, and a weak  receding chin profile. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, straightening and narrowing the bridge line and refining the nasal tip, if needed. Placement of a chin implant can bring the chin forward to help with facial balance and  proportions, especially with respect to the nose. Chin implants are manufactured in a large array of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin. Chin implants are usually performed under general anesthesia with the rhinoplasty procedure, or under local anesthesia at as a standalone procedure. For many rhinoplasty/ chin implant before-and-after results, please see the link and the video below

Conscious about my profile Nose - Chin

If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough, it can be cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty. Whether it is worth doing is a decision that is personal and only you can make. A receding chin can be improved with a natural appearing chin implant.
Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient. The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you.
Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.
Robert Singer, M.D., FACS
La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What's wrong with me?

I don't see anything jumping off my iPhone screen. if I had to be really picky I would say your appear to have a "weak chin" on side view. This cab be easily corrected with a chin implant or fillers. Personally I prefer fillers because you can do the augmentation progressively and have you participate with a mirror. 
Dr. Peter A Aldea
Memphis, TN

Chin

nickcook3463, you need your chin augmented. Should your bite require improvement due to orthognathic issues then you may want to consider orthognathic surgery. Should this not be an issue I much prefer a silastic chin implant to a sliding genioplasty. Less risk, better aesthetics (in my opinion) and excellent long term results. Make sure you find a surgeon who routinely performs this procedure, see lots of photos and hopefully get more than one opinion. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

I would recommend an extended chin implant.  You have a prominent midface compared to the lower 1/3 of your face.  I doubt rhinoplasty would improve your profile.  I do not see that much wrong with the nose.  The chin implant is a 1 hour outpatient surgery with a fairly quick recovery.  Look into it.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improved profile

It all depends on what your goals are! Your nose has some fullness in the supratip region which could be refined, but I think the more significant change would come from chin augmentation. Whether a chin implant or a sliding genioplasty, both would be a great option for you to get better facial harmony. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist