How to get rid of facial scars? (photos)

As you can see from the pictures u have several small and larger, deep scars mainly around my lower face. I have had several chemical peels, a few lasers, and more recently, I've done 2 Collagen P.I.N treatments, which is like dermarolling. They have done little, if nothing to make any improvement's. Is there anything that you could recommend that would get rid of these scars?

Subcision Can Help Elevate Depressed Scars: Microneedling Best For Improving Surface Tone & Texture

First, let me say how sorry I am that you are having this difficulty. Before directly answering your question, I believe a few general comments are in order.  I need to emphasize a fact that I have often written about in my answers to other questions on scar treatment posed on RealSelf. For one, it is essential to have realistic expectations of what can be achieved with our current technologies. Unfortunately, at least for the present, there is no treatment or set of treatments currently available anywhere in the world that can completely eliminate mature scars  (i.e. those present for more than three months) from any cause, although we do have methods for significantly improving their appearance,  making them stand out less, and making them capable of being more easily camouflaged. Moreover,  I am hardly surprised by the lack of success with lasers or chemical peels. As to relatively expensive lasers, such as fraxels, as well as radiofrequency and ultrasound devices, I have repeated many times in RealSelf that it has been my experience that the claims for the success of these devices, as born out by your own experience, is supported far more by device manufacturer backed marketing hype than hard science. Even the medical literature cautions that the results of these may be subtle, variable, inconsistent, and at best take months to achieve. Likewise superficial chemical peels would be expected to do little more than add an overall glow to the skin, and microneedling, which I do use for treating certain scars, is best reserved for blending the surface color and texture of the scars once they have been treated by other means, but not relied upon as a stand-alone treatment. Although closeup photos would have been more helpful, it does appear that you do have atrophic scasr. Subcision can be quite helpful  to raise them up more flush with the surrounding skin, so that there is less of a "craters of the moon" shadowing effect that makes depressions stand out more. A small amount of filler may also supplement the subcision by not only yielding an immediate response, but for its biostimulatory ability to promote new, native collagen and elastic fiber synthesis. Should it be deemed necessary, microneedling may be used afterward in order to help better blend the surface tone and texture of the treated scars with the surrounding normal skin.You would be well advised to make sure that you seek treatment and consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with expertise and experience in all forms of scar treatments. Best of luck to you.

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD, skin lightening

these types of treatments need lasers, fillers, subcision and other combination treatments. I suggest seeing an expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scars

Based on your photos, you should continue your skin care regimens with aggressive peels and resurfacing. Fillers could be considered for the deepest area of scarring or fat grafting after release of the scar. I recommend you be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Multi-modality Scar Therapy

Thank you for your question. Scar therapy is one of the most challenging areas for a surgeon. It can also be one of the most rewarding. It is usually the most frustrating for a patient. In my 25 years of treating thousands of scar patients, we realize that it is a series of treatments utilizing many different tools. You have outlined some of them. With each treatment we see some improvement. Typically, there is not one of anything that results-wise, will make you go "Wow!"Find a surgeon who works with scar patients frequently. They can outline a long-term plan, and help you be realistic with what to expect.Best wishes.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to get rid of facial scars?

Hello Heather12953,It is important to realize that scar revision is a process that takes time.  When you have a mature scar, the goal is to make it less noticeable, not necessarily get rid of it.  The reason is that anytime you have a full thickness injury to the skin, it heals with a scar.  The purpose of scar revision is to make that scar less noticeable.  This may mean cutting out the old scar and starting over, changing the orientation of the old scar, blending the scar with the surrounding skin with lasers, dermabrasion, microneedling, etc.  It may mean raising up the scar with filler.  Although there is no magic bullet, oftentimes a combination of the above can be quite helpful at improving the appearance of the scar.  I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist to go over the options and likely expected outcomes of the various treatment options.  I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon