When can I resume my activities as a teenager and college kid?

So I had my rhinoseptosurgery where they corrected my deviated septum and straightened my dorsal hump. I'm 13 days after my surgery now. My nose still hurts a little bit. Anyways I wanted to know when I can become a teenager again. I know it sounds like a stupid question but I feel like I'm not able to swim, exercise, party, club and go out with my friends at all anymore for the next couple of months and it's depressing. I'm happy with the results but Im ready to resume my life.

Post-rhinoplasty activities...

The answer to this question should really be addressed by your surgeon since each of us has our own preferences for restrictions in the post-operative period.  I know you are anxious to get back to your normal activities, but you don't want to do anything that will jeopardize your healing process.  I have my patients ease back into things around the third week with the understanding that the nasal bones aren't fully stable and can be easily displaced until weeks 4-6.  Hang in there.  

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhino post-op

Sorry, but if you want the nose to heal well, it is best to take time off from a lot of activities for at least the first 6 weeks before resuming many of them. Always best to review with your surgeon.

Resuming Activities after Rhino/Septo

Dear suroosharya, In our office patients can resume most activities (aside from contact sports and swimming with your head underwater) at 3 weeks post op. At 6 weeks you can return to all activities. You should double check with your operating surgeon to be sure you are following their instructions. Good luck!

Resuming Activity After Rhinoplasty

The amount of activity that you are allowed to resume differs with each type of nasal surgery and amongst each individual surgeon.  You are now 2 weeks out and within the next week or 2, you should be able to start slowing adding back exercise and normal activities.  If you had your nasal bones broken during surgery to narrow or straighten the nose, they can take up to 6 weeks or so to heal.  I would definitely discuss this with your treating surgeon in order to get their opinion on the topic.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon