How can I remove a burn scar from my face?

In July, I tried to wax my upper lip, but I made the stupid mistake of putting really hot wax on my skin over and over and it burnt my skin. It scabbed up. It's September now, and I still have a scar from where I burned it. How can I get rid of it????

Wax burn on the lips and Plato's Scar Serum

Dark wax burn scars can be improved with a combination of Plato's Scar Serum, Melarase PM, and light chemical peels with fractional laser. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Treatment of a burn scar following waxing

I am sorry to learn of your problem.  There are a number of different approaches that can be used for facial scars, depending on the concern.  Issues with scars can include color, texture, thickness, symptoms (pain), and others.  I would recommend seeking advice from a physician who has a strong understanding of scars as well as the technology-based equipment required to treat them. Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial Burn Scar--Clear + Brilliant/Viva, Microneelding/PRP, Skin lightening/Peels, Aerolase

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal consultation. You can do a combination of skin care, lasers, and peels to improve the appearance of the scar. Best, Dr. Emer.