Should I get reconstuctive surgery on left eye upper blephroplasty? (photo)

On April 2014, I had an upper blephroplasty done on my right eye to correct a ptosis. My surgeon decided to do the left eye as well, which I never understood because I had no problems with that one. As a result, he over corrected my left eye, and now it looks rounder instead of oval like my right eye. There is also indented scarring which is causing the eye to look pulled up. Is there a difference in both eyes to proceed with the reconstruction?

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery can address the appearance of the scarring, remove any lower eyelid drooping and remove any excess skin, wrinkles or under-eye bags that might have developed. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revisional eyelid surgery

Thank you for your question.  Eyelid asymmetry after surgery can occur even in the best and most experienced hands.  Your condition can be corrected with revisional surgery. Follow up with a surgeon experienced in revisional eyelid surgery.  Good luck.  

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

You would benefit from upper eyelid revision surgery.

It the ptosis worse now after surgery?  You have a heavy upper eyelid on the left side and an even heavier right upper eyelid.  The upper eyelid are hollow, there is crease asymmetry.  You have crepey eyelid platform skin and upper eyelid lash ptosis.  This can all be improved with revisional surgery.  By fixing the upper eyelid ptosis, lowering the upper eyelid creases, and mobilizing the scarred anterior orbital fat into the upper eyelid, the upper eyelid folds can be restored. You will need to be prepared to travel.  I am the only surgeon in the United States I am aware of who offers this type of reconstructive surgery.