What would be the best procedure to flatten my chest and reduce the size of my nipples? (Photo)

I've seen one professional and been told I have gynecomastia and excess fatty cells. I'm 6'0", 245lbs. and my goal weight is 200 pounds. Even when I weighed 160 in high school I still had enlarged, puffy nipples. I'm concerned about keloids and heavy scarring. With me having darker pigmentation, should I seek a professional that specializes/has experience in treating people with darker skin to get the best results with minimal scarring? Is liposuction the best, least invasive option?

Reducing Breast Size in Men

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. 
Not only will this decrease risks of complications, but will also enhance the aesthetic results. Further, normal body weight is different from one patient to another.

What would be the best procedure to flatten my chest and reduce the size of my nipples?

You will need a Gynecomastia excision to remove the glands and a Liposuction procedure to remove the fat. This can be done through a small incision without a visible scarring. To reduce nipple sizes, however, you will need an incision around the nipple. You may still have some loose skin  which can only be removed by excisional surgery. This would however leaves scars. My personal opinion, based on your pictures is to do Liposuction and Gland Excision in your situations and wait for several months, as the skin will retract, and you may not need any skin excision which results in significant scarring. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and the photos but an examination is needed to determine what might be the best procedure for you.  That said scarring is minimal with gynecomastia surgery as small incisions are used with all techniques.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Severe gynecomastia: you need the best surgeon for good results

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully.  
The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia surgical options.

From your description it sounds as if you have long standing gynecomastia. The various treatments for it from liposuction to excision to skin excision really need to be tailored to each specific patient, their anatomy and their concerns and desires.  I can't tell you the best approach for your anatomy without an in person exam, but I can tell you that with that exam I would be able to give you a pretty good idea as to what your results would be like with a lesser low scar procedure versus a bigger scar more aggressive procedure. There are many great Baird certified plastic surgeons here in Nashville to help ,  please see a few more and get more information. I hope this helps 

Melinda Haws, MD

Gynecomastia surgery via Laser Lipo + Lipo and N/A reduction. Than immediately postop 3 sessions each day fir 3 days of SRT radiation therapy to incisions to prevent scarring Fee for total options $8,000. 

Scarless gynecomastia

Especially for people who are concerned about the scars this can be performed through a tiny spot inside the armpit. You'll have to find someone in your area who specializes in that particular procedure. That being said you are a difficult case. No matter which approach is used it will be hard to guarantee the amount of skin shrinkage that will take place. It should be considerably better but may not be ideal. Make sure you find a board-certified plastic surgeon for your consultation.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon