Love handles not responding post Body lift and lipo. Any suggestions? (photos)
Doctor Answers 4
Liposuction - not seeing results
- In your photos, I don't see the scar on the back of a body lift -
- I do see the evidence of liposuction.
- Did you perhaps have an abdominoplasty in the front and liposuction in the back.
- I agree that your flanks look very swollen -
- I think you need to return to your surgeon to have her/his advice as to what the problem is and if there is anything that can be done.
- Swelling can be very prolonged which is frustrating.
- Swelling will subside over the next 3-4 months or longer.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Love handles after body lift surgery
Thanks for posting your questions and photographs. From your photographs I can’t identify any scar on your back which indicates to me that you didn’t have a complete circumference body lift rather a tummy tuck. In any case, you are still in the relatively early post operative phase and its too early to be concerned about your final results. Patients in my practice typically experience fluctuations in swelling after tummy tuck and liposuction surgery which persists for several months.
Love handles not responding post Body lift and lipo
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.