Would liposuction help me? (Photos)

I am 5'8 and 28. My highest weight was 250, and both my pregnancies I was well over 200lbs. I'm not looking for a tight stomach. I plan to get a breast lift with form stable silicone implants in the spring and doing this and a full tummy tuck isn't in the cards for me right now financially. I know doing liposuction will not tighten the skin, but what would you expect of the sagging after? Will the skin actually hang creating a fold? What kind of results can I expect?

Liposuction of tummy for now?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I understand completely why you want to do the liposuction but I think it is a waste of your money.
  • Your photos clearly show that the muscle and skin of your abdomen are the real problem.
  • Liposuction may make little difference - and if it makes any differently, it will leave much more sagging.
  • I truly think you are wiser to take the liposuction money and set it aside for your future tummy tuck.
  • A tummy tuck is likely to give you a fantastic result!
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Would Liposuction Help Me (Photo)?

Dear Glittergirl, Thank you for posting your photos with your interesting question. I commend you for getting back into shape and for wanting to improve your self. At 28 years old, you are not ready for the goal of only looking good in cloths. If you are not planning another pregnancy in the future, I would highly recommend a tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks, which will give you the results that you are expecting. After 2 pregnancies, significant weight gain, laxity of your abdominal skin and muscle, stretch marks, you are an excellent candidate for  a tummy tuck. I do not want you to be disappointed with the results from liposuction only. I recommend that you save your money or obtain credit for the proper cosmetic procedure, rather that having to pay for 2 procedures and have 2 surgeries and recovery periods. When the time is right, have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with tummy tucks and liposuction. At the time of you consultation, you will have an examination, discuss you goals, answer all of your questions, see the plastic surgeon's before and after tummy tuck results and determine the optimal surgical procedure for you. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

TT vs lipo

Of course, you would have a noticeable result from liposuction of the abdomen and waist, and it sounds like your expectations are realistic. The skin will hang less, as there will be less under the skin to hang. But ultimately, you will benefit from a tummy tuck to get the best result. Financially speaking, liposuction of the abdomen and waist can cost as high as $6,000, and a tummy tuck alone is around $7,500 ($10,500 adding liposuction of the waistline), so it would behoove you to wait, save your money and get your breast augmentation and tummy tuck in one setting. 

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Would liposuction help me?

Much of what you would liposuction would be removed or improved with a tummy tuck, so this may not make sense to do this.

Would liposuction help me?

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck, if you do only liposuction, you will have too  much sagging skin which will most likely leave you unhappy with the results. A tummy tuck will remove excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance.  Tummy tuck is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results if done correctly.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Liposuction to improve abdomen

I believe you have too much loose skin to just do liposuction. If you did the loose skin would be more of a problem. I suggest doing a full tummy tuck and liposuction.  

W. John Bull, MD

Sagging skin

Hi,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, liposuction alone will create more loose skin and will not give you the result you hope for. I would recommend you wait until you can do a tummy tuck. Good luck.

Janet Turkle, MD

Would liposuction help me?

Based on the pictures and your weight loss, I doubt you will be a happy with liposuction alone. May be better to wait until a tummy tuck is possible. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck -- CANDIDATE?

Liposuction alone will not help you, you need both liposuction and skin removal we call this "hi def physique" body transformation. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction vs tummy tuck

Given your appearance, I would not undergo liposuction just because you can't afford a tummy tuck at this time. You need a tummy tuck to achieve your desired appearance. Save the money you would spend on liposuction and put it towards your tummy tuck in the future.

Dr. Luong

Jacqueline Anne Luong, MD, FACS
Edina Plastic Surgeon