Is liposuction possible? (Photos)

As you can see from the photos I have fat and some loose skin in my stomach area. When I stand, it is not as bad as when I bend over or sit. I'm not quite ready for a tummy tuck because I only have 1 child, and may want others in the future. Will liposuction help improve this area, or will it just create more problems?

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

liposuction could remove some fat but you will still have hanging skin, you really need skin removal with the liposuction to get the best outcome.  Dr. Emer.

Liposuction

Liposuction WILL reduce the poochiness and prominence of the tummy but will reveal loose skin. Moreover, you appear to have an umbilical hernia so Liposuction would have to be done carefully to avoid injuring anything in this hernia. The MAXIUMUM amount of removable fat would be around 10 pounds (which includes the fluid injected into the fat to control bleeding) and there will be some skin shrinkage.

However, you will derive the most dramatic Tummy flatness with a Tummy Tuck IF it is done when your weight reaches a BMI of 27 and under. Once you have completed your family, you may wish to consider losing weight to that range and having a Tummy Tuck and possible Back Scoop Liposuction for the best results.

Good Luck
Peter Aldea MD

More problems

Hello. Based upon your photos it appears that liposuction-only could create more problems for you. The procedure can leave you with overhanging skin and possible contour irregularities even in the best hands. You'll need to loose weight to a lower your BMI to 29 or less or be within 10 lbs of your ideal weight to get the best results. Good luck. 

Liposuction

Liposuction can decrease the fat content, but don to expect your skin to tighten much with any of the devices available today.  Best of luck.

Is liposuction possible?

Liposuction is indeed possible, though will you get the results you are looking for? Tummy tuck of course should wait until after your family is complete, and is seems likely that liposuction alone might leave you with skin excess that holds you back. Diet and exercise will get improvements as well and can help you buy time between pregnancies.

Probably Not

You seem to have a fair amount of skin that has to be dealt with.  Liposuction alone will make the skin even looser.  It really seems like you need some type of skin excision to have a reasonable result.  You my be better off waiting until your are done with your family.

Thanks,

Gordon Telepun, MD
Decatur, Alabama

Liposuction when skin is loose?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You are exactly right not to have a tummy tuck until after your children.
  • If you can lose the excess weight instead of having liposuction - that is the best way.
  • If you can't, liposuction will reduce the bulk but will leave your skin looser.
  • If that seems ok, then liposuction makes good sense.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction Alone or tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are a candidate for tummy tuck, liposuction alone will help you get rid of the fat but wont get rid of the excess skin in you belly. Best is to wait until you´re done having children and get a full tummy tuck. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure. Best wishes and good luck!

Liposuction

From looking at your pictures as you mentioned you have loose skin and fat. The best procedure would be a tummy tuck. If you want liposuction I would recommend that it be performed conservatatley. Liposuction will make your tummy skin looser. 

For more information see our attached video. I hope this answers your question. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Is liposuction possible?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. I think you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips and flanks. The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue. Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat. I would be afraid that with your loose skin liposuction alone would leave you with an unsatisfactory result.  If you plan on having additional children in the future, it would be wise to delay any aesthetic procedure until you have completed your family. Hope that this helps.