Are these keloid scars after breast lift? (Photos)

My scar don't look so pretty after a breast lift w augmentation What can be done ? Is been 3 months

Are these keloid scars after breast lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Hypertrophic scars

You have hypertrophic scars rather than keloid scars from what I can see. You need to see your PS and run through scar management. You may opt to revise these scars in due course but I would try scar management techniques over the next 3-6 months esp if you are happy with the rest of the result.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Abnormal scarring

The scarring shown in the pictures is unfortunate and you may well require a scar revision or revision of the breast lift in the future.  Technically speaking these scars appear to be what we call Hypertrophic Scars.  The scars are dark and thickened and appear to be within the confines of the original wound. Hypertrophic scars usually soften and improve with time. It looks as though you may have had some delayed healing which increases the possibility of hypertrophic scarring.  Also, the placement of large heavy implants at the same time as a lift  puts extra stress on the healing incisions.  A keloid scar, by contrast, grows outside the confines of the original wound.  Keloid scars rarely regress on their own and usually require excision.I recommend you follow up with your primary surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Best of luck.

Mary Gingrass, MD

You have what we term hypertrophic scars which are still thick, but not truly keloid scars. In any event, I favor early aggressive non-operative management with silicone scar gel and silicone sheeting, vigorous massage of the scars to help soften the scar tissue and if there is no response after a few months, I would consider a fractionated erbium laser with topical kenalog therapy. This can be done in darker skin tones, but be sure you see someone with experience treating these types of scars in darker skin types as there are more potential complications if not done correctly.

Hypertrophic Scarring After Breast Lift

Dear bibiassio, It looks like you have developed hypertrophic scarring after your surgery. There are several options for you at 3 months surgery and I would suggest that you speak to your surgeon. I would wait on any surgical options for 6 to 12 months after the surgery. Good Luck. Dr. Gervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Scar and lift revision

You will need to have lift revision to reduce the scar. I would wait another 3 months before revision. You have hypertrophic scar.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon