I am looking for a treatment option that would not require going under the knife yet for a neck tightening. Any suggestions?

I am 37 years old and for the last few years have noticed that my skin is starting to sag a little under my chin and my neck. I would like to get on top of this before it gets too bad and is very noticeable that I have had treatments. I had Ultherapy done about two years ago and it helped slightly but not sure if I should go back and have it done again or try something new. Also I am starting to show a bit of sagging around my mouth.

Non Surgical Neck Treatments

Thanks for your question.  Ultherapy works quite well in tightening the neck area at a deeper level.  We combine this with the ResurFx for addressing crepy skin.  Also please make sure that you do your research and go to an office who has a great deal of experience with these procedures.  Best of luck.

Non Surgical Neck Lift

Non-Surgical Neck Lift
Your non-surgical options are dictated by your specific needs which may include any of the below measures:
1)improving banding: Botox
2)improving under the chin fullness: Liposuction with oral sedation
3)improving skin looseness: VIORA REACTION radiofrequency
A consultation would allow a doctor to customize your treatment plan.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Pelleve

I recommend a combination of Pelleve and Nectifirm cream to address skin laxity in the neck region. You will need 4-6 Pelleve treatments and you will need to use Nectifirm twice a day for at least 2 months.

You can also speak to your plastic surgeon about Kybella. It is an injection to permanently destroy double chin fat. You will probably need a couple sessions. And it will have skin tightening effects as well.

Ultimately, it is possible that surgery could be the best option but the above are the best non-surgical options.

By best,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Neck laxity and Ulthera in Los Angeles

Ultherapy is an excellent non-surgical option to tighten loose neck muscles. In our office, we often combine Ultherapy with fractional co2 to improve the neck skin and texture. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Neck Tightening Procedures

There are not many great options for neck tightening, besides surgery and plastysmaplasty IF someone is a candidate.  Botox works to tighten the muscle of the neck and jawline; fillers in the lateral neck and skin folds work great to fill out lines and give lift; radiofrequency treatments like sublative/viva, laser treaments fraxel/clear and brilliant/co2 help texture and tone as well as give lift; ultrasound (ultherapy) and radiofrequency (thermage, velashape, venus) can help give tightening and lift as well but often require more than one treatment and are best combined with the other mentioned treatments and by doing the full face rather than just the neck.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon who specializes in noninvasive options and thinks outside the box.  Best, Dr. Emer.