I am considering getting coolsculpting. Am I a candidate? How much does it usually cost? Are the effects long lasting? (Photos)

I am an 18 year old freshman in college who needs a little bit more help for the body I want to achieve. Last year I lost about 70/80 lbs but I have stubborn areas that just won't go away. I want a flat tummy and less cellulite. I don't have any kids and I enjoying running as exercise. Is it worth it for me to have coolsculpting done on my stomach, thighs, and back? The picture of Ashley Alexiss is the goal.

CoolSculpting Candidate

Since you lost a significant amount of weight, you may have some loose skin along with the fat you are concerned with.  CoolSculpting is great for the localized stubborn fat bulges, but is not always best for someone who is looking for a larger fat reduction.  It would be best to see a board certified plastic surgeon to find out all of your options, as it may end up costing more than some surgeries, depending on the amount of treatments you need to reach your goal.  CoolSculpting does not help with cellulite, so you may want to look into Cellfina for that.  

Coolsculpting may be an option

Coolsculpting can help with localized areas of fat but the best result per treatment is a 25% reduction. You may require multiple treatments to get to your ideal figure. It may also make sense to consult with a plastic surgeon as surgical options may give you better results.  In addition, coolsculpting will not treat cellulite and you may want to research a procedure called cellfina 

Best of luck

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

I am considering getting coolsculpting. Am I a candidate? How much does it usually cost? Are the effects long lasting?

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting reduces 25% of fat cells in a treatment area each treatment round. I would recommend visiting a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about different procedures, and determine which works best for you. All the best.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Best options for body contouring

Your best options would be to schedule an evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Upon examination your surgeon will be able to discuss your concerns and recommend a treatment plan that will address your specific concerns. best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Coolsculpting post weight loss

Congratulations on the weight loss. Based on the weight loss, Coolsculpting may not be the best treatment for you. Consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is expert in both Coolsculpting and Body Contouring surgical procedures to understand your options. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Considering Cool Sculpt

Dear JalynCeline, Cool Sculpting will not help with cellulite , only small stubborn areas of fat. Based on the photos you shared most likely you would be more of a surgical candidate. Make sure when you seek consultation you go to a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Good Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting may be for you....

Thank you for the photos and congrats on the weight loss!  While coolsculpting has been proven to can get rid of fat cells it has not been proven to get rid of cellulite. Coolsculpting can help to debulk large areas where fat has accumulated subcutaneously. Coolsculpting is FDA approved to get rid of fat cells permanately.

The price of treatments will vary depending on how many cycles you need to get your desired results. I would recommend that you have a consultation with a coolsculpting specialist for further information tailored to you.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting not your best bet

Coolsculpting is best for people who have small deposits of stubborn fat that they would like to reduce.  With larger areas of fat, it may be more cost-effective to get liposuction or hire a personal trainer.  For the cellulite, cellfina is the best technology.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

you look more like a body contouring candidate. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.