I need answers about juvederm?

I got lip injections about a month and a half ago. I literally showed up and she numbed my lips and injected me. I wasn't able to ask any questions, I'm sure I could have, but it just went so fast my mind went blank. My question is, after a month and a half is there any chance of something bad happening other than infection. I've read some horror stories about it seeping into people's brains or causing paralysis and I'm scared I should go get it removed. Help me.

I need answers about juvederm?

You may want to access the Allergan website as they manufacture Juvederm and provide information of potential side effects. Juvederm is a safe product and side effects would likely show themselves within a few days after injection.

Providence Plastic Surgeon

Side effects of Juvederm after 6 weeks?

It is impossible for the injection to move to the brain from the lips. You should have no worries about the injection. As you stated, late infectons can occur but are extremely rare. Stop worrying.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

I need answers about juvederm?

If after 1 month and half you did not experience any side effects , more commonly being: Redness, Pain/tenderness, Firmness, Swelling, Lumps/bumps, bruising , discoloration , infection ) , then it is very rarely that you will experience any from now on . Next time please make sure all your questions are answered and post treatment care given before you proceed with the injections.

Joseph Doumit, MD
Montreal Dermatologist

I need answers about juvederm?

Thanks for your query. Juvederm takes about 3-4 days to completely absorb water and show its full effect and it takes a week for the swelling to go down. If a month and a half has passed, then be assured that you are not going to have any complications from it as it is more than sufficient time for the filler to get settled. The chance of it migrating into the brain is highly unlikely as it can happen only if anyone injects into the blood vessel. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Questions about Juvederm

Juvederm is a safe and effective product.  That said, it should not be administered without a careful discussion and informed consent about the risks and benefits of treatment.  If your experience was truly as you describe, perhaps you should consider finding another injector to perform future treatments.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm treatment

There is very low risk associated with Juvederm treatments.  The most common occurrences are swelling and bruising.  At a month and a half post treatment you should not experience any new changes and can simply enjoy the results of your treatment.

Camille Cash, MD

Juvederm risks and side effects

If you are already one and half months out, you are fine. Most common side effects are temporary and occure immediately following the injections and can last several weeks. This includes injection site swelling and bruising being the most common cause.  Other risks includes infection as well as accidentally injection into a blood vessel. But this would have shown up much sooner.  Rare side effects such as blindness have occurred but this is very rare. It is important to go to a provider who will answer your questions as well as someone who understands the anatomy of the face.  In addition, someone who uses a canula will further minimize risk of accidental injection into blood vessels.

If nothing has happened by now, then you are fine.  Fortunately, dermal fillers such as Juvederm can be dissolved away with an enzyme called hyalurodinase

Dr Hardik Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Lips

It's unfortunate that you have had that experience. If you are happy with your results and are not having symptoms of side effects, then I would no worry at this point.

Juvederm Lips

Thank you for your inquiry. It is unfortunate that your consultation and treatment went so quickly and you feel you had no time to ask any questions. However, you can remain calm. Enjoy your results. 1 month post treatment is enough time to say you will have no negative side effects. Regards,

Juvederm injection in the lips

Hello! Juvederm is a very safe injectable overall. This far out from your injection there is almost no risk of anything  happening other than having beautiful lips. Enjoy!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon