If Hyaluronidase breaks down Juvederm why could it take more than one treatment?

I had my lips done a month and a half ago. I'm obsessed with them but not in a good way. I can't put my foot on it and they look great they just don't feel normal to me. I want to get all of it removed but I'm wondering why when I've read other questions in this site it says Hyaluronidase can take more than one treatment? Is it because you don't really know where the filler is? I'm just confused. Should I leave my lips alone? I'm so torn.

Reversing Juvederm--Hyaluronidase to the rescue

It depends on the amount of filler and technique. It may only take one treatment of Hyaluronidase  to reverse. You can try a different technique next time. Implants or fat are also options. Best, Dr. Emer

Reversing Juvederm With Hyaluronidase

Thank you for your question. The amount of Hyaluronidase required depends on the location of the injection, the volume of hyaluronic acid (HA) filler and the technique used. Most often only one injection of Hyaluronidase is required to dissolve the filler. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Its true

So if you imagine filler can come in margarine type thickness or butter thickness or even thicker in some types then the thinner more watery filler is more quickly dissolved. The thicker filler has more chemical bonds and as a result is harder to dissolve and may take more than one bout of hyalase. 

The upside to thicker filler is that it lasts longer in the body, the downside is that it is harder to remove when not wanted. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Hyaluronidase

The amount of hyaluronidase that is required will depend on the volume of HA filler, the location of the injection, and whether the original approach was a single or multi-planar injection.  However, frequently, one injection sitting is all that is required to remove unwanted or poorly placed filler. If you aren't sure about how your lips look, give yourself another week or two to make the decision. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon