With full TT and muscle repair, can I expect a flat overall result with this upper ab laxity and excess fat?

I am early 50's, 150 lbs with prior liposuction 13 years ago. In all the pics I've reviewed, I haven't seen others with upper abs quite like mine. My pregnancies left only a few stretch marks that are very low. I am hopeful that a full TT with liposuction can even out the lumpy texture without leaving a thicker upper portion. A reverse TT and scar across my chest are far from first choice. Thoughts? I'm in the process of scheduling consults.

Full Tummy Tuck

This is a great question. From reviewing this one photo, it does seem that a standard (full) tummy tuck should achieve the results that you are looking for. The excess skin will be removed and in the process the contour irregularities of the upper abdomen should also be smoothed out. The abdominal wall muscles can be tightened at the same time as well as eliminating excess fat from the stomach and pubic area. A "reverse" abdominoplasty is certainly not necessary.
Seek the consultation of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They have a website listing all the certified plastic surgeons. Members of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery will all be board certified in plastic surgery and have demonstrated an interest and competence in cosmetic plastic surgery as well.
For additional information about tummy tucks please see the web link below.Good luck and best wishes!

Full Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question.  You will obtain a much more flat appearance to the abdomen with a full tummy tuck with rectus plication.  The addition of liposuction to the flanks with provide a nice hour-glass contour.  One of your problem areas, as you mentioned, is the upper abdomen because of the skin crease creating a bulge above.  This crease will be partially, if not completely, released during the procedure and should provide a much improved appearance.  I suggest you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area to discuss your options.  I'd be happy to see you for a free consultation in my Murfreesboro or Hendersonville office.  Hope  this helps!

Tummy Tuck

You appear to be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with repair of Rectus  Diastasis. Liposuction of the flanks would be a great help as well. The tightness of the entire front abdomen can be remarkable. The thickness however will not change. 

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photo. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy Tuck

You appear to be a good candidate for the full standard TT with muscle tightening. You will see a marked improvement, but you will still have the same skin, just less of it. Your skin quality is damaged and there is no method to repair it. Nevertheless, the result from a procedure done by a skilled surgeon would be very dramatic. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination or full series of pictures you look to be an excellent full tummy tuck candidate.  The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue. Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat.  During the tummy tuck some of the upper abdominal skin can be unfurled to leave you with a smoother overall appearance.  Hope this helps.