When/should I get more filler? (photos)

I had Juverderm injected in my tear trough area one week ago. I think the plastic surgeon did a good job and I'm pretty happy so far, but I feel like I could use more. I now know that although I had good luck with Juvederm, Restylane is usually a better filler to use for this area. Do you think I would achieve a natural look by getting Restylane injected after the Juvederm I already have? If so, how long should I wait? Do you think I could use more filler in my tear trough area? Thank you.

Filler Under Eyes

Your eyes seem a very nice correction.  It looks very natural.  If you feel that you need more you could return to your treating physician.  Both products work well and just depends on the nature of the under eye area and your facial structure.  Please consult a specialist for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm in tear troughs

Thank you for your question. As you suggest, Far more problems are associated with the use of Juvederm in the tear trough region than with Restylane products.  I would not recommend adding any more of either product at this time.  If you develop problems with Juvederm it will need to be removed.  Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tear Trough Fillers -- Try Cannulas; hylauronidase if unhappy

If you want more filler after 1-2 weeks it is safe to do so.  Often more is needed to get to optimal correction.  Best, Dr. Emer.

When/should I get more filler?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It appears that you have had a nice, natural response to the juvederm and based on your pictures alone I do not see the need for additional filler placement.  Hope this helps.

Restylane after Juvederm for tear troughs

Thanks for your question.

In my opinion, you achieved a great result -- noticeable yet natural. I would let time pass before adding more filler to the area (probably 6-12 months, but hard to predict precisely). It would certainly by reasonable to try a thin filler like Restylane Silk to this area, as this products tends to be forgiving in areas with thin skin such as the tear troughs. Best, Dr. Frucht.

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Moe Filler

Thank you for your question and photos. It looks like you have a very nice result with just a hint of remaining tear trough. Although you could add just a bit more filler I wouldn't because it would be a fine line between getting a perfect result and causing swelling of the lower eyelid. A mild under correction is usually the best and safest way to go. Enjoy your result it looks great on you. In plastic surgery we have an expression
"the enemy of good is perfect". Don't open Pandora's box

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

How much Filler in tear troughs

I think you look great and do not feel more of anything is needed.     Wait until the Juvederm wears out and then try restylane if yo wish.   I believe both work well and neither is better than the other.  My Best    Dr Commons

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon