Coolsculpting vs Vanquish?

Coolsculpting vs Vanquish - What is considered the best treatment currently? Do either provide skin tightening? At the doctor's office where I checked, it appears that Vanquish is more expensive and I know that Coolsculpting can be somewhat painful. I'm interested in what provides the best results. thank you for your help.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. In office evaluation is necessary to evaluate what procedure would be best for you.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
coolsculpting has the best longterm results 
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting vs Vanquish?

There are a lot of variables that help us decide which treatment would be best. The size of the area you want treated, the type and distribution of your fat, and the amount of elasticity present at the time. This decision is best determined in a face to face consultation so that we can be sure we are addressing your specific desired outcome.
Vanquish has been shown to cause a little bit of skin retraction since it uses radiofrequency which can stimulate collagen.
As far as pricing goes, be advised that they are priced differently. Coolsculpting is priced by individual cycles, while Vanquish is charged by series (usually in a package of 4 treatments). The best way to decide which would be most cost efficient would be to have a consultation and find out how many cycles of Coolsculpting would be needed in order to achieve comparable results to a series of Vanquish treatments.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is the best non-surgical body contouring device

Coolsculpting is the best non-surgical body contouring device currently on the market.  Coolsculpting is the market leader because of the great results.  

Noninvasive body contouring

• Hello, and thank you for your question. As was previously noted coolsculpting is the market leader in a noninvasive fat reduction. I do not have any personal experience with vanquish so I would not want to comment directly on this technology. I would recommend you seek out a qualified board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for an inpatient consultation regarding your goals as well as expectations for this procedure. Best of luck.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Versus Vanquish

Coolsculpting is the market leader in noninvasive technology for fat however Ultrashape is its main competator.  I suggest seeing a body contouring expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

The best device depends on your needs

Thanks for the question. Both of these modalities can provide some benefit, but it all starts with a thorough examination and consultation. This should be done by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, then the various treatment options can be reviewed with you.

With CoolSculpting, the simple adage is that if you can grab it, you can treat it. This therapy has been done now for many years and in skilled hands in skilled offices, this is a very nice procedure to remove fat. Several treatments are usually needed.

Vanquish uses radiofrequency, and many say this procedure works very well to remove fat; others are still somewhat skeptical. But again, in the right hands, positive results can be seen.

There are many devices for skin tightening and these are not them. Other forms of RF energy-based devices are needed and again, finding the right office that offers multiple treatment options is what is needed for you to make the best decision, along with the group making the consultation.

We always strive to make sure we are using the right devices for the right indications. Many try to use the same device in many places — not always the best idea.
So find the right provider, ask questions and get the treatment that works with the concern that you are having.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting vs vanquish

Coolsculpting and Vanquish are two of the noninvasive procedures available for fat reduction. Each patient needs an individual evaluation to determine which is best for them and some patients are candidates for both. In general, vanquish is better for treating a larger amount of the core at one time, while coolsculpting is better for small discrete pockets of fat. 

Meg Cherry, MD
Birmingham Dermatologic Surgeon