Will my breasts be uneven? (Photos)

8 weeks since submuscular saline implants in 250cc filled to 300cc using inframammary incision.... the left side has felt higher, firmer, and had more/longer ongoing muscle spasms (ended around 3 weeks ago) than the right side. The upper pole feels fuller and the bottom much less full than the other breast...is this indicative of my final result? Posted are before and current photos

Asymmetry

I agree that 2 months is still relatively early in your recovery, but I would contact your plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation to make sure they don't feel you are having early encapsulation or any other scarring issues.

Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Normal healing process

It is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation and some asymmetry is to be expected. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. It can take 3-4 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Will my breasts be uneven?

Your pictures show some minor asymmetry preoperatively and this may explain the differences that you have now. You may improve with more time and I would recommend that you wait until 6 months after surgery before considering any sort of revision. At that point, your breasts will have attained their final shape and a determination about whether a revision will improve your results can be made.

Uneven Breasts

At 8 weeks you are still early out from your breast augmentation.  Your implants should continue to settle, and some of the unevenness may correct.  Having said that, breasts are not identical to start with, so subtle asymmetries should be expected following breast augmentation.  You appear to have a nice result at 8 weeks.  Hang in there!

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Will my breasts be uneven

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you have some asymmetry before surgery and your breast will continue to change more and may look alike  especially if your lower pole constriction of breast on left released at the time of surgery. Muscle spasms are common and I recommend you take flexirel after talking to your PS. Please continue to follow instructions from your PS and re evaluate in 2 months.

Uneven breasts after breast augmentation

Hi. In a simple augmentation, your starting "canvas" is usually the biggest determining factor in the outcome. There was some minor asymmetry pre-operatively and this is reflected in the post op. That said, for 2 months out, you appear to have a very good result, and I suspect that expansion of the left lower pole will continue for a few months yet, so your result will likely still improve further.

Paul Jason Skoll, MBChB, FRCS, FCS (SA) Plast
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Will my breasts be uneven?

Thank you for your question.  The difficulties that you described with your left breast are understandable since the left breast was smaller than the right breast before surgery.  A significant breast asymmetry preop usually persists unless different sized implants are used.  However your result looks very nice at the present time and I would expect that with further time your symmetry should improve.Of course follow up closely with your plastic surgeon.

Will my breasts be uneven?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  I think you have obtained a very nice result, but based on your pictures and narrative I think you will see some continued stretching of your left breast as residual swelling present in your breast skin, tissue, and muscle resolves, and the volume within the implant redistributes into the lower portion of the breast.  Allow your results 3-4 more months to fully mature before assessing any continued asymmetry.  Hope this helps.