Breast implants for tuberous breasts? (Photo)

I am currently 24 and I have tuberous breasts. I am 127 lbs and 5'4. I have breast fed 2 children. I am done having my children so I have decided to have my breasts done. Will implants alone fix my tubular problem?should I get all of the procedures I need done in one surgery? What degree do you think that mine are considered tuberous? Mild or severe? I currently wear a small 34 B. I want to go to a big c or even a d if possible but would that be possible?What ?s do I need to ask my dr?

Breast lift?

Based solely on your photos, you look to have a mild tuberous breasts. An implant will increase your volume, but you will probably also need a breast lift. However, this can  only be determined with an in person exam. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss the best options for you -- Dr. Nazarian

Breast implants for tuberous breasts?

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, you appear to have characteristics of mild tuberous breasts.

Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  • Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  • Inframammary fold misshapen
  • Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  • Insufficient breast skin
  • Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  • Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

You need a little more than an implant

The implant will address the size, but you need a periareolar mastopexy and a little extra for the shape.  The scar would be just around the areolae.  There is some shaping of the breast tissue too.  Increasing by a cup size or 2 should be fine as well -- the implant should be under the muscle.  Find a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and preferably a member of the ASAPS.  They should be well versed in the various techniques. Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

Your breasts look slightly tuberous with the left one more than the right. A small circumareola mastopexy and implant will likely be sufficient.

Tuberous breasts, breast implants Periareolar mastopexy,

Dear Ms. Kelsbwarren,
You have a minor asymmetric tuberous breasts.
You will need a periareolar lift and a breast augmentation.
to reach your stated goals.
Both procedures can easily and are commonly performed together.

Your final decision should be based on personal consult with a Bd. Cert. Plastic Surgeon who will examine you and go over that which is best for you.See below suggested topics to discuss with your Plastic Surgeon:
General overview of your choices and discussion points:
IMPLANTS
1) normal saline fill vs silicone gel fill
2) profile: low profile to high profile
3) shape: form stable vs round

PLACEMENT OF IMPLANTS
1) sub pectoral, dual plane
2) supra pectoral

ACCESS INCISION
1)periareolar- since you need a periareolar lift 
2) inframammary
3) axillary

BREAST MOUND
1) asymmetrical-may need different size implants
2) equal size
3) breast fold location

NIPPLE/AREOLAR POSTION
1) normal
2) high
3) low
4) asymmetrical- will be taken care of with periareolar lift

SKIN QUALITY
1) stretch marks
2) thin skin
3) elasticity

SIZING
is a very personal choice
1)implants come in "cc" sizes not cup sizes
2) 30 cc = 1 ounce
3) purchase a full bodied, non padded bra and take a nylon stocking and fill until you reach the desired size you desire....measure the volume using a measuring cup and convert to cc's.

COMPANIES
I personally choose 1-3 below based on the base measurements and match to the patients chest measurements. Sientra only makes Silicone Gel filled implants. Ideal only makes Normal Saline implants (with internal baffles). Allergan and Mentor make both silicone gel and Normal Saline filled implants.
1)Allergan
2)Mentor
3)Sientra
4)Ideal

Please make several appointments with experienced Plastic Surgeons who listens to your specific desires and who are not only Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery but in addition ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).
My best wishes,

Dr. R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery

Will implants alone fix my tubular problem.

Your breast is only slightly tuberous in shape, and you will do well with an implant and a small periareolar lift and reduction. Though you could have an implant alone, the differences in the skin envelope will best be adjusted by the lift at the same time.

Breast implants for tuberous breasts?

Thank you for your question.  Your degree of tuberous breasts would be considered relatively mild.  Since you wish to increase your size, you will require an implant with radial scoring (or release) of the lower pole breast tissue to allow for rounding of the lower part of your breasts and allow room for the implants.  In addition, a circumareolar mastopexy would correct the size and herniation/protrusion of the areolas.  All of this would be done during the same procedure.  Consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  I hope this helps.

Breast implants for tuberous breasts?

Your tuberous breast deformity is not severe. In fact, I would classify your breast as more of a constricted breast deformity of which tuberous breast is the most severe form. In any event, an augmentation with reduction of the areola diameter and a small lift will give you a very nice result. You will need an in person consultation to determine the type of breast lift that will achieve the best result.

Breast augmentation and tuberous breasts

Thanks you for contacting us and providing photographic images that help in the limited evaluation that can be done on-line. A thorough examination, consultation, and discussion with a board certified plastic surgeon will be able to give the best answers for your questions and help you find the right surgeon for you.

I believe that you have mild tuberous breasts with a little ptosis (drooping) on the left side.  Breast augmentation, based on anatomical measurements and use of breast sizers, will help in the planning process. A circumareolar reduction and lift-- more on the left than the right-- will be designed to give a better balance and proportion that should look natural.  This can be done at one surgical/anesthetic experience, usually.

I believe that you are a good candidate for this surgery and should be happy with the results.

Good luck and Happy Holidays.

John M. Weeter, MD

Tuberous breasts

Correction of a tubular breast deformity can be difficult. Implants will be a great starting place for you. You may or may not require a small circulate plat mastopexy in conjunction with the augmentation. I would seek out a board-certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience correcting this deformity. While your tuberous deformity is mild, these can be very challenging surgeries.