How does body composition affect outcome of plastic surgery after massive weight loss?

In regard to procedures such as full body lift, breast lift and implants, brachioplasty, thigh lift, et. how does pre-surgical exercise impact visual outcome? I have taken on an extensive workout regimen to entirely change my body composition. So many "after" images still look so poorly formed and shaped (saggy, formless, "skinny fat") - yet I read doctors downplaying the impact that low body fat and increased muscle mass play in the final look.

It is great to exercise and have good muscle development. Unfortunately the muscle are covered by skin and that skin is usually of very poor quality and elasticity after massive weight loss. Although we can tighten the skin it is not possible to give it a better quality. The less fat under the skin and over the muscles, the better the results.

Body composition and your inner body shape do play a role in how you will look after these procedures, but don't often change the specific type of procedure that you will need. Being in good physical shape helps with your recovery and certainly helps to improve your final result, but building excessive muscle mass probably doesn't necessarily enhance your results more than someone who is in decent physical shape.