Do breast implants weights my back?

I am concern about how can affect the implant weights my back, I will be having 500 cc Silicone Round gel by Mentor.

Do breast implants weights my back?

There is no way to predict, with any degree of certainty, whether the use of breast implants (and if so what size) will effect a specific patient's back or neck area.

Generally speaking, there are several steps taken to select a specific size/profile breast implant for a specific patient.  The use of the rice test, sizers placed beneath a patient's bra, goal pictures, computer imaging technology… are all useful, but not necessarily as accurate as one would hope.

In my opinion, nothing will replace careful verbal preoperative communication with your plastic surgeon, preferably in front of a full-length mirror along with the use of as many "communication" tools” listed above.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast implants weight?

Thanks for your question. I believe your body will handle 500 cc just fine. However, it is not known what the long-term effects of carrying around an additional 2.2 pounds of weight for the next 20 to 30 years. We know that women who develop very large saggy breasts eventually do suffer from back and neck pain, but that is not always the case with large breast implants. Your plastic surgeon is the best resource fro the specifics in your case. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Do breast implants weights my back?

It is impossible to predict the effect of an additional 2.2 pounds on your chest will have on your back.  Based on my experience I have never, and 35 years, had a patient who complained that breast implants caused back pain.  However 500 cc implants are quite large and will sag over time which could effect your posture.