Should I be worried about this mole? (Photo)

I now have found this mole like 3 months ago on the right side of my head not sure f it's normal or not. My father is a ER doctor and said it looks fine but never hurts to go see a dermatologist. I haven't seen one yet should I go or be worried.

Doctor Answers 2


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

From the photo it looks like it should be biopsied to make sure it is not evolving .it has irregular borders

Dr Malouf

Fort Worth Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 87 reviews

Mole removal in Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would have a newly arisen mole evaluated by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine its risk for dysplasia or cancer. Best, 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.