What type of surgery procedure could I have done to change my nose? (Photo)

I have a very bulbous nose and would like something more pointed and feminine. I also have a problem with how wide it is. Is there anything I can do to change it?

You may be a great candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure.

Based on your description and photos, it seems that a rhinoplasty (nose shaping) could very nicely help you achieve the results you’re looking for. Because this is such a delicate area of the body that's being addressed, one of the most important factors that should go into your decision is choosing the right plastic surgeon. Be sure that your plastic surgeon has ample experience performing rhinoplasties, and don’t be afraid to make a few phone calls, ask for before and after pictures of previous clients, and even schedule a consultation. Best of luck to you!

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Bulbous Nose

If you are unhappy with your nose you should seek out a rhinoplasty expert for a consultation.  Typically a nose like yours will require an open rhinoplasty to augment the dorsum of the nose as well as techniques to thin out and better define your tip.  In the right hands you should expect an excellent result.

Rhinoplasty for thick skin

To create the most aesthetically pleasing nose, you will need to address the size and shape of your bridge, as well as that of your tip.  Finding the right surgeon is more important than the techniques in achieving the best result since the surgical technique will only be as successful as the surgeon performing it. Your skin does seem pretty thick and the challenge with thick skin is that even if definition is created to the nose and cartilage underneath the skin, these changes will not show through the skin.  In these cases additional support and structure is necessary to create definition in the tip of the nose.  Using grafts made from your own cartilage will be the best approach for a natural-appearing, lasting result.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty with rib graft

Thank you for the question and photos.  To improve the shape and appearance of your nose it may be necessary to add additional cartilage to your nose.  This extra cartilage would be used to increase the bridge height and therefore create a more narrow front view of your nose.  The extra cartilage can also be used to add projection and refinement to the tip of the nose.  An alarplasty may also be helpful at the same time to narrow the width of your nostrils.  I would meet with several board certified plastic surgeons in your community and discuss your goals.  Take a look at their before and after photos as well as their online reviews to determine which surgeon would be best for you.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

To address your concerns you would benefit from a cosmetic Rhinoplasty.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person exam to discuss your options and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Is there anything I can do to change it?

Your nasal tip could be made more defined by trimming the upper margin of the lateral crus of the lower lateral cartilage. The nasal base could be narrowed as well by excising a wedge of soft tissue at the base.

Anthony R. Bittar, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon