Can I remove the rubber pads under my compression garment after lipo? Fat used for revision surgery after breast cancer?

Liposuction - can I remove the pads under the garment

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

You probably can remove the pads but always check with your surgeon first. S/he is in charge of your recovery and you will get the best case if you let her/him help you directly

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Pads in garment

You are best to speak with your surgeon about the pads. Good luck with your results.  ..................................

When in Doubt-Call Your Doctor About After Care

I recommend following up with your Dr. about their protocols regarding compression and when it is appropriate to remove. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for sharing your question.  Depending on the timing since your surgery, and the amount of swelling still present in your tissues you may be able to remove the rubber pads, but as your surgeon is the only one who knows the details of your procedure, I would reach out to them for their advice.  Best wishes.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon