Chin implant/rhinoplasty/neck lipo? (Photos)

What procedures would help me achieve facial harmony? I feel unattractive especially as I age. I've always hated my profile. I am not overweight but look terrible from the side. I don't know whether neck lipo/ chin augmentation or rhinoplasty would help my profile self image. I'm ok with my appearance from the front, except when my "double chin" is apparent. It occurred to me recently than my chin is weak, not double. My profile is also very asymmetrical from opposite sides. Help!

Thanks for the photographs.I think your nose is not that bad. The chin is weak and your neck is full.There could be fat to be removed and/or lax platysma muscle to be tightened.Hopefully your neck skin is elastic and needs no tightening.Your best options are to go for an expert consultation and listen to the surgeon's advice.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Options to improve profile

Based on your photos, I would say that you do appear to be a good candidate for chin augmentation with an implant as well as liposuction under your chin.  Those procedures would help to balance your profile.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

jhg622, I can pick apart just about anyone so remember that what you are seeing needs to be evaluated by an expert and you need to stop being your own worst critic! See an experienced surgeon that does "only faces"; make sure they have a lot of great photos to peruse. Like I said there are many things I could improve on just about everybody; it all comes down to the exam and a discussion about realistic expectations and finally a cost/benefit analysis. See the video. goodl luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Procedure suggestions

I believe that a chin implant with minor liposuction under your chin should make an excellent improvement in your profile.
Opinions stated here are only opinions. They are not based on a clinical exam, which is recommended.

Darrick E. Antell, MD

Rhinoplasty, chin implant and neck liposuction

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the bridge line, refining the tip, and making any other adjustments to the nose such as decreasing the projection of it. A chin implant can accomplish  increasing the projection of the chin to help a facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation and examination. Liposuction can accomplish removal of fatty deposits in the neck as well. For more information  and many examples of all three procedures, please see the link and the video below

Facial symmetry

Thank you for your pictures.  Certainly a combination of a chin implant and, depending on your skin elasticity, neck lipo vs. a skin tightening procedure such as ThermiRF combined with microliposuction would indeed help redefine your profile and jawline.  The combination of these procedures can give you a long lasting, natural result that fits in with the rest of your face.  In regards to your nose, I'd have to see it in person in order to get an idea of what polishing could be done to it while maintaining a natural look to your face.  Based on the limited views, it looks like some tip definition along with some work along the dorsum could help improve things.  In regards to asymmetry - here's a dirty little secret.  Nobody is symmetric. It is why some believe our brains create the "uncanny valley" effect - where upon things that are perfectly symmetric (such as mannequins) look unnatural to our eye.  That being said, most often we can improve on symmetry with fat grafting, fillers, etc depending on what is needed and where.  The key is always a balance between "need" and "want" while maintaining a natural contour to your face. Best of luck! Hope some of this helps.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant/rhinoplasty/neck lipo?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures, including Chin Augmentations using chin implants, for over 30 years.  From the photos, the cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), your chin is weak, there is excess fat in the neck and below the cheeks.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.
 Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. I would combine facial and neck liposuction to further shape the face and neck. In addition, Rhinoplasty can thin and refine the nose.
Hope this helps