What could be causing my nipple to bleed after a breast reduction? What's causing it to swell and lump? (photos)

I had a breast reduction 10 days ago and was healing great. Today I decided to wear a waist trainer for about 5 hours because it didn't touch or come near my incisions. After taking it off I noticed bleeding from my nipples and a little sweeping and lumpiness in my left breast. What could've went wrong?

What could be causing my nipple to bleed after a breast reduction?

A little bit of "bleeding" is often normal. There can be some "fat necrosis" that causes discharge that can look like bleeding. You always want to be watchful of possible complications, or minor issues at this point. It is always a good idea to check with your doctor or go to the nearest emergency department if things seem to be getting worse.

10 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its too early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Bleeding

You are early post-op and may experience some oozing from you incisions. If concerned then speak with your surgeon.

Bleeding from the nipple after breast reduction surgery

Thank you for your question and this is quite normal during the first week or two.  You are still healing and swelling drainage is normal.  It is too early to tell if you are having and significant problems and from the photos it looks like you are what I would expect at this time.  It is important you follow up with your surgeon and follow their instructions and keep them apprised of any changes.

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

#plasticsurgery #breastreduction #mastopexy

Hi aignesa1, Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for your excellent question about bleeding  after your breast reduction.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our breast surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.  Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best. Kind regards, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS,   CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon